aberdeen-music

'REAL' mirror in the ladies. I shit you not!

Flash@TMB

any chance of having taps that work in the gents?

The taps work fine, you're just not strong enough.

and lighting that actually lets you see what you are doing would be a bonus

"what you are doing" looks like this:

Picture24.jpg

I would not usually describe seeing one as being "a bonus". Apart from one of the vintage white dog shits they had in the 1970s, that would indeed be worth a bonus pint.

those taps are REALLY shite

No they are REALLY chrome plated diecast metal. Please see above for what shite looks like.

You're from Peterhead. I can tell.

Guest Kilgore Trout
We have installed a real mirror in the ladies toilets. Plus some additional lighting. There was a slight fuck up with the lighting but that'll be sorted out soon.

We are now a more goth friendly bar.

fab. last time i was in there i had real bother checking if my eyeliner was gothy enough.

Guest Kilgore Trout
The mens taps are shite. Only one of them works, and that is an exaggeration in itself.

personally i like the whole twin peaks vibe going on in the bogs. it's fun.

"what you are doing" looks like this:

Picture24.jpg

I would not usually describe seeing one as being "a bonus". Apart from one of the vintage white dog shits they had in the 1970s, that would indeed be worth a bonus pint.

That's a fair size of a keech - one of yours? the product of a meal at Carmine's maybe?

White Dog Eggs - whatever happened to them? they were big in the 70's, but went the way of neck lumps and facial sideboards.

...and while I'm at it - what do you mean a "Real" mirror in the ladies? Are you suggesting that there was a two-way job in there before with all you water-sports fetishist givin' it laldy, throwing one over the wrist on the other side, eh?, eh? o_O

On of my mates did a shite that was much bigger than that when we were out hicking. I even took a photo, unfortunaty the card was stolen from the camera before I could get it on to a computer.

It was proper solid too, he put a rock on it and it didn't squash!!

I would estimate it was 10 to 12 inches long, unfortunatly I did not have a ruler with me

On of my mates did a shite that was much bigger than that when we were out hicking. I even took a photo, unfortunaty the card was stolen from the camera before I could get it on to a computer.

It was proper solid too, he put a rock on it and it didn't squash!!

I would estimate it was 10 to 12 inches long, unfortunatly I did not have a ruler with me

How heavy was the rock?

I suppose it wasn't really rock, a large stone though. I would estimate its dimensions to be roughly 18 by 10 by 3 (all in inches)

We had been hiking for about a month and our diet had caused us to all have very solid jobbies

Hmmm... either that or his fudge had been tightly packed. No wonder given those dimensions. But hiking does make one lonesome, especially on Brokeback mountain.

Bet Brian comes on this thread now. The wonders of search technology.

those taps - in less PC times would be named - A bit gay

It's those ones which you push down with one hand whilst trying to wash the other in a style not unlike a naked Sooty show, they have similar ones in Tunnels, BUT, you push the tap, and the pipes make a great trombone - like farty sound - so, although this style of taps is pretty crap for washing hands, with the right - or wrong plumbing, they can be made into instruments Thomas Truax would be proud of.

And for the record I am NOT from Peterheid, but it must be said that the toilet of a place does have pretty good toilets, great taps, soap, hot AND cold running water and hot air dryers that deliver a speedy service.The downside is that a toughnut gaylord called Snakey allegedly tried to rape young men in them, BUT, he did, allegedly, offer 50 if they did a number two on his glass topped coffee table, perhaps he could be booked to perform in the bar, all proceeds going to better lighting and hygiene facilities, after all, pissy thumprints on a pint glass may be a selling point to some, but not the majority.

Och me, I could speak shite a day, but I am going on a mission to find a white dog shite and stick a wooden or paper lollipop stick in it, to rekindle those 1970s memories of hot summers and Mr Ben, when piss and shit on yer hands were the least of your worries and the thought of adults paying 2 and six to have their arse spanked with a slipper would have seemed unbelievable, considering Denis the menace frequently got it for free.

Can't not reply on a topic that involves handwashing and cleanliness. I am not Miss O.C.D but just have high standards and rightly so.....I'd just like to add to this chat that it's so refreshing to hear A GUY harp on about hand washing considering most GUYS don't wash their hands/or don't really bother with it. So go Biz for being a handwasher.........

I'd add that there should be hot water to wash mitts with and liquid soap in dispensers cos those wee bars just pick up germs/ are unhygienic/naff to handle.

No germs in me!!! :)

Guest Laura@TMB
i am eternally greatful for the mirror. might take a trek down tonight to admire my reflection in it...

If you have a pee with the cubicle door open (as I checked out today), it is now possible to see yourself in the mirror too 8-) ;) (if you're into that sort of thing of course lol).

Just to clarfiy, the sinks (ladies and gents) do each have hot and cold water intakes and are operated through a mixer system at the tap-end. Unfortunately the hot water tank is sited in the cellar resulting in the flow-rate being somewhat less than that of the cold water. We could fit a pump to the hot water supply, but then we'd run the risk of everyone burning their hands :down: . I'll have a chat to out plumber nevertheless and see if there's a way forward.

Forsythia- re soap dispensers and in addition to what Flash has said already, here's a very scary statistic for you. In the two years that we had the bar, prior to it and the loos' refit, the soap dispenser cartridge in the gents was changed twice, and the one in the ladies only once!!!

noise more important than hygiene?

I like the ones which you stick your hands into and they squirt them with soap, then give plenty hot water and then nice hot air, they work a treat and save on paper towel and soap dispenser costs, why should I have to lower my standards when on the piss? , surely the punters health and well being should be a priority in establishments keen on return trade.

I canna even be arsed writing on the walls, it's too dark to read in there, and anyway if I DID, it would be purile pish like this...

I widnae lay a log in yer sesspit bog

if ye offered fifty quid or a 10 minute snog.

I take hygiene seriously, I expect to be able to wash my hands in establishments that sell food, this is why - History of the Aberdeen Typhoid outbreak 1964 - History

I liked the typhoid epidemic....we got off primary school, and I remember playing in the wreck of a car behind the Well of Spa bar (where the Denburn Health Centre is nowadays).

Happy times!!!:up:

well get doon The Moorings tonight

judging by those fecal freak ruler and shit photos - ( I thought the photos of sticking pint glasses onto arses, and dirty sanchezing punters were bad ), and the care less attitude toward public hygiene, I'm sure you could pick up something rather nasty, it's likely to be a toothless, anorexic, one legged hooker, with the ability to suck a golf ball through a hose whilst hailing a taxi, eating chips and smoking a tab, but there ye go, something for everybody, there will even be real punk rock bands. I hope Bobby has washed his finger -he is taking the door money, and I know where that finger has been - thank goodness for me getting in for free, I winna get ony shitey change in my pooch.