aberdeen-music

Neurosis finishes work on new album

rune

Neurosis has recently completed work on their new full-length album titled Given To The Rising. The record will hit stores in early May via Neurot Recordings on CD and double LP. According to the band we should prepare ourselves for 71+ minutes of early-period brutality and heaviness combined with all the interior space and wind-swept isolation of the more recent albums.

This is going to be cd of the year

From the stuff I'v heard i'm not that taken with neurosis, I think I'll have to give them another chance

Eye of every storm is more thought out and more steady whilst other cds like sun that never sets/times of grace/sovereign are harder releases, i am into both styles. It depends what your into more i guess

Guest Phantomsmasher

This is going to be great, as much as I loved Eye of Every Storm, I did miss the old more apocalyptic qualities of the older albums.

It's meant to be like a combination of A Sun that Never Sets and Through Silver in Blood, if so it's going to be beyond amazing.

Hey rune, you caught Neurosis quite recently in London did you not? While I gotta say that they aren't really by cup of tea, I did many years ago use a Neurosis pic (swiped from an interview with the guys in Profane Existence #7) for a poster I drew for Aberdeen's first (but not only) punks picnic in 1991.

oh yeah, that was such a great gig. Made out of babies supported who where very good too :)

Neurosis live were so tight, brilliant musicians, hit every sound so well. Was abit suprised eye of every storm tracks never got played more but still a great set. The forum in london is a top venue indeed :)