ABERDEEN, WED 25.04.07

7.30pm The Pastels, Tenniscoats, The Royal We

Tunnels 9

8.00pm Cinematic Orchestra, Fitkin Wall

Lemon Tree 12

ABERDEEN, THU 26.04.07

7.30pm Micah P Hinson, Califone, Grant Campbell

Tunnels 10

8.00pm The Funkmasters feat. Fred Wesley, Bernie Worrell, Clyde Stubblefield & John 'Jabo' Starks. DJ Simon Hodge

Lemon Tree 16

10.00pm Spektrum, Little Kicks, Dirty Hearts Club DJs

SNAFU 5

ABERDEEN, FRI 27.04.07

7.00pm Gruff Rhys, Espers, Boom Bip, Euros Childs

Lemon Tree 14

7.30pm Prinzhorn Dance School, Fujiya & Miyagi

Tunnels 8

8.00pm Terry Riley and Gyan Riley: Selected Solos & Duets

Cowdray Hall 24.50

9.00pm Prins Thomas and Lindstrom, Funky Transport

SNAFU 8

ABERDEEN, SAT 28.04.07

7.30pm 65daysofstatic, Kling Klang, Paper Cut Out

Tunnels 9

9.00pm Gilles Peterson, Various Productions

Lemon Tree 10

9.00pm Erol Alkan, Dee J A'la Fu

SNAFU 10

ABERDEEN, SUN 29.04.07

7.30pm Damo Suzuki, G.O.F.O.N.E.S.

Tunnels 6

8.00pm DJ Premier, Marley Marl

Lemon Tree 14

8.00pm Simian Mobile Disco DJ set, xvectors

SNAFU 6

Jesus, that'll be an expensive week (and wolf eyes and thee more shallows the weekend before!) - the pastels, cinematic orchestra (depending on timings, they were ace at atp), micah p. hinson, terry riley, plus les georges leningrad, james chance (JAMES CHANCE!) in glasgow. How is this even going to work?

why couldn't aberdeen get james chance! that would've been amazing! hmmm, buggeration.

it's a shame it's all so expensive. i know they have to pay to get this caliber of artist over but 9 for 65 days and kling klang is quite expensive. maybe i'm just getting to be a skinflint in my old age.

it's a shame it's all so expensive. i know they have to pay to get this caliber of artist over but 9 for 65 days and kling klang is quite expensive. maybe i'm just getting to be a skinflint in my old age.

I think you might be. It's harsh reality, I'm sure you have some idea how much it all costs and I still think 9 will represent good value for money. I paid 14 to go and see Seth Lakeman last weekend and while I'm not saying it wasn't worth it, it puts it in perspective I think.

Gigs should cost more. I equate it with going to Pitoddrie (which I don't anymore) and that will cost you 20+ for a pile of pish.

dunno dave

9 for three high quality touring acts. comdined with the fact that 65dos have been 7/8 the last two times

i think it is a great price

why couldn't aberdeen get james chance! that would've been amazing! hmmm, buggeration.

65days playing to 20,000 in japan, sxsw, truck festival, europe etc don't sleep on floors anymore. their tour party of approx 10, sleep in comfort & that aint cheap for us. be thankful you are getting one more chance to see them in the intimacy of The Tunnels, the only Aberdeen venue that brings out their true live show as it should be seen....... & then there is kling klang & paper cut out..........

65days playing to 20,000 in japan, sxsw, truck festival, europe etc don't sleep on floors anymore. their tour party of approx 10, sleep in comfort & that aint cheap for us. be thankful you are getting one more chance to see them in the intimacy of The Tunnels, the only Aberdeen venue that brings out their true live show as it should be seen....... & then there is kling klang & paper cut out..........

i'd rather see kling klang than 65 days. i'm thankful for that opportunity but couldn't care less how many people a band plays to in japan, it really doesn't reflect their audience in scotland or how much they should ask for as a guarantee in the uk(particularly not if they're uk based). i appreciate that perhaps each individual bill is priced to reflect the cost of the artists involved but i can only afford to go to one gig. i'd imagine many others are the same. it would be nice if there was some kind of deal on multiple tickets or some other promotion.

i wouldn't pay 9 to see any of those bands headline a gig. 65 days were fairly average in moshulu although they did suffer from terrible sound and kling klang and paper cut out are still relatively unknown. i'll probably go to this gig because i really want to see kling klang and paper cut out were cool last time i saw them(they played cellar 35 right?) but i still think that, although not an unreasonable amount, that 9 is a little on the pricier side of things for 3 small bands, in the tunnels.

some kind of roaming ticket would be nice where you could pop in and out of the venues where gigs overlap. thus catching the bits you want to see and avoiding the filler.

i probably am just getting tighter with my cash. i'm fed up being skint all the time and so have to say no to a lot of gigs these days in order to save for other things in life. meh. :(

dave, if you attend you will see a different 65days from the one you saw at

moshulu, the venue was not suited to their sound, let alone the sound problems

(maxi will verify this).

interesting music is proud to be promoting this event & we believe we have assembled for the second Triptych running, a really really good line-up in the venue best suited for all the bands. The pricing is correct & is line with the same show & variables in glasgow & edinburgh. i

The price of most, smaller level gigs, does not truly represent the costs involved for bands and performers having to do the rounds/live. The simple cost of living has risen x% over the last 5-10-15 years and this generally isn't shown in gig prices. It was 3/5 to get into gigs 10 years ago. Inflation has slapped pretty much everything else in the ass apart from, some, gig entry fees. We tend to be very lucky in Aberdeen with most promoters giving a shit about both bands and punters. 9 is bang on the button for this gig.

(I think Mike's point about the size of the Japan audience and the 65 party relates to them growing in stature and we should see them at this level while we can)

:up: :up: :up: :up:

i think in general it seems cheaper than last year, i remember it being really expensive but it seems pretty cool this year!

im looking forward to far too much stuff! im going to be skint as

cinematic orchestra / erol alkan/ gruff rhys and terry riley (been reccomended to me) are all on my list!

prob more but havent had time to go into the booklet and scan!

Sadly, all of this is overshadowed by James Chance! and The Black Lips! Shame neither are in Aberdeen.

Richard, all at imp & beyond are supporting the Aberdeen Triptych programme, as we have done since it started. if lots of people shoot down to Edin/Glas for choice events, not happening in Aberdeen, Aberdeen may be weakened in its future participation. Triptych DOES look at turn-out percentages & whilst we know there are always mutterings

about line ups, prices etc it is important that the Aberdeen event going public get behind the

home events. Anyhow i'm looking foreward towards events in all but one day of Triptych