aberdeen-music

Parity's Fall - REVIEW - 4/5 IsThisMusic

stevealex35

Parity's Fall

EP

Three young men from Aberdeen with love in their hearts, guitars in their hands and no doubt radiation poisoning in their bodies from the radioactive granite up there. Not that they're letting it hold them back.

There are overt nods to the energetic rock of Biffy Clyro each song on this EP, but these are combined with some restrained tunesmithery reminiscent of Death Cab for Cutie and Stapleton. Singer Matthew's lyrical themes look towards interstellar subject matter and its here (as on closing track "With a Radiant World" and the first half of opener "What Are We Looking For") that the bands epic ambitions are most prominent. With some more time, heightened ambition and less reliance on familiar influences (The Curse of the Clyro), these lads could create something astounding. It's a good start, lets see where they go from here. [NS] IsThisMusic 4/5

www.myspace.com/paritysfall

Parity's Fall (Official Website)

www.isthismusic.com

Parity's Fall - REVIEW - YourMusicBox

Parity's Fall

EP

Ive been chatting to these guys for a while and their MySpace tracks sounded very promising so I eagerly awaited this EP mixed and mastered at Exile Studios, Aberdeenshire, by Mark Nicol.

The first track reminds me very much of Death Cab For Cutie, so much so that the casual listener could mistake this song as being by them. The soft lyrics and slow melodies sound great and create an atmosphere where you just want to sit down, close your eyes and appreciate the song. The next track up is Escape This Crash and its a much more up tempo sounding song with a totally different sound vocally and musically and shows the variety in music this band is creating. This track ranges from hardcore moments to punk fused choruses and the overall sound reminds me of Reuben and Dartz!. Finishing with With A Radiant World the song slowly builds up with just Matthews vocals and a guitar backing with the rest of the band eventually joining and its another Death Cab For Cutie sounding song in that its gentle and easy to listen to and induce the need to close your eyes and just listen.

Its a shame these guys are from Aberdeen because I NEED to see them live. This is a band that needs to be heard and I guarantee will be in your CD collection in the near future.

Review By Ash Wilkinson

YourMusicBox.org