aberdeen-music

General Discussion moan...

GraemeC

Ive heard this moaned about on here before but thought I might stick my tuppence worth in for good measure.

I recently started a thread about guns in this section of Aberdeen Music which has been moved to the politics and current affairs section and has died a death...now I'm not saying it wouldn't have died if it had remained here but die it did...can I ask, what is the point? its easy to see that these sub sections aren't well used and there doesn't seem to be any reason for some threads being moved and others not. There are many threads which are left well alone and are quite clearly politics/sport/current affairs/feedback/etc/etc.

If there is a valid point in maintaining these sub sections that I'm missing then point it out, and can we see if we cant get some standardization in the moderation so good threads don't get cast into the pits of doom while others not quite in the right place are allowed to fly.

End of moan.

i thought most people did what i do, just click on 'find new posts' in the seatch facility everytime i log in, i rarely looks at which section the posts are in. in fact the only time i ever trawl through the various sections is when making a post and i do agree its a bit of a minefield.

bring back the wasteland :)

Guest Neutral

All of the threads in the wasteland could go into at least one of the categorized sub forums

Merging the following forums could be a start.

Politics and Current Affairs with Sports

Name the forum Sports and Politics or Current Affairs

Sports and politics are usually current affairs anyway..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaming with Humour and Movies & TV

Name the forum Entertainment

Gaming, humour, movies and tv are usually entertainment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Books with Technology

Name the forum Books and Technology

Can't think what to call this one.

Books and technology both have current affairs and past affairs

Or you could just create a subforum for the wasteland where posts cant be moved to other sections on a trial basis and see how it works out - the majority wins sort of thing.