ian simpson

galaxy of fire

the deja vu thread

chair 42

table

the jokey jokey blokes

mines a pint

etc, etc.

and whatever band Milner's in obviously.

and the weapon.

the granite city MC's

christ this place could give Chicago a run for its money.

the shamen.

yawn....

FIVE IN THE MORNING?

Guest idol_wild

I think there are some fantastic bands in Aberdeen, I must say. The scene has a lot more going for it than most of the naysayers think.

Of those I have seen live, I really like:

Fiction/Action

The Jinx

Copy Haho

No Paseran

We Shall Be Blessed

Hookers Green #1

Project: Venhell

Lorenzo Snow Collective

And I also think The Little Kicks, although generic, are fantastic at what they do.

Alt Country eh? Any tunes to hear that you are aware of?

i don't think they've recorded anything properly yet. i think us, fiction/action, no paseran and hookers green no1 are going to be playing together in may so keep an eye out for that, though it's in the process of being confirmed at the moment.

they also play kilau on occasion and have graced some acoustic nights at the tunnels i think.

Guest Kilgore Trout
Project Ven:Hell and Hookers Green #1.

Their names are shortened quite frequently, I'm suprised that you didn't understand it (especially as they appear earlier in the thread in a shortened format).

i was drunk. it makes sense now.

16 again for the cup

Yes I agree, 16 again are a champion band, very exciting to watch, and are playing at The Moorings on Saturday night with one of the pensioners favourites , the very arty - Johnny Skyscraper, who also play fine interesting Blues , Jazz, mellow, easy listening, rock sounds, popular with balding cardigan wearers, well nae really, but it would be a hoot to see them spluttering over their pint at the first chord of Ready steady go.

16 again are probably old enough to be your dad, but they perform like your hyper wee brother on half a ton of jelly sweeties.

16 again are nae cool and they dinna want to be in your gang, however, you can buy them a pint as thanks for the best live performance you have EVER seen on Saturday, it's got to beat some art school wank that will be forgotten by lunchtime on Sunday.

Guest Kilgore Trout
Auch, I was in a pissy mood at work. My bitchy retort wasn't meant to be so blunt. :rolleyes:

Happy families etc etc.

i was so upset i couldn't concentrate on the jeremy kyle show, but i'm over it now. bygones.