aberdeen-music

Final Fantasy XII

The Kernel Loaf

Anyone else picked this up yet?

I think it's brilliant. Glad to see Square-Enix adding some freshness to the series, especially with the battle system being a mixture of turn-based and active-time battle, and also the lack of random encounters. The game really pushes the PS2 to it's limit, and there is some beautiful scenery even though it's previous gen graphics.

I reckon this will take at least 40 hours to complete minus sidequests.

Hard to beat Final Fantasy VII for me!

I'm gonna make sure and buy the re-release of FFVII on PS3 when I get round to buying one. :)

There is no remake. It was just a tech demo to show the capabilities of the PS3.

Been playing for almost 25 hours now, and just past King Raithwall's tomb. I have the feeling that I am going to be playing this for over 70 hours.

There is no remake. It was just a tech demo to show the capabilities of the PS3.

Been playing for almost 25 hours now, and just past King Raithwall's tomb. I have the feeling that I am going to be playing this for over 70 hours.

i cant beat the flame dude at the bottom of the tomb

as soon as i beat him up he uses a protect shield and i cant cause enough damage before he kills all my guys

i cant beat the flame dude at the bottom of the tomb

as soon as i beat him up he uses a protect shield and i cant cause enough damage before he kills all my guys

Have you tried using your Quickening combos?

For every boss battle/mark I tend to do a Quickening with the first 3 members of my party and then quickly change to my other 3 (although this may take a while if he is targeting someone as you cannot change that party member when they are being targeted). Try getting two of them in and start casting some Water spells and dealing damage with close-range weapons and try to equip a shield or two.

I'm sure I read that they were to re-release it.

Poor show if not!

Nah they definitely aren't, and I'm glad.

They have already milked/raped FF VII with a CGI movie, a PS2 action game and a mobile phone game starring Vincent, a PSP prequel, a mobile phone prequel and sequel, a 20-minute anime, two novels based on Aeris,and a mobile phone port of the snowboarding minigame.

Have you tried using your Quickening combos?

For every boss battle/mark I tend to do a Quickening with the first 3 members of my party and then quickly change to my other 3 (although this may take a while if he is targeting someone as you cannot change that party member when they are being targeted). Try getting two of them in and start casting some Water spells and dealing damage with close-range weapons and try to equip a shield or two.

i beat him :)

havent really figured out the quickening thing, but im kicking ass now :)

bought the guide book now but wont be touching it till i've completed it

have just walked through the giza plains to the garif

• 2 weeks later...

I've been staying away from this thread in case of spoilers, but I'm far enough through now that I thought I'd risk it.

Only managed to pick it up on Tuesday, but I've been playing it pretty much non-stop ever since.

I had reservations about the combat system but it's working out well so far.

Kind of a cross between FF Crystal Chronicles and Summoner.

Graphics are top notch, as to be expected.

I'm disappointed you can't name any of the characters though. That always brought some mild comic amusement to the game for me.

And they don't play the fight winning music enough.

I think that's enough for now.

completed it in 53 hours

was that hard to be honest, just kept doing random fights with tough monsters till my characters were up to level 50 and kicked everyones ass :)

the storyline was good and very different to the previous ones, along with the fighting style and i particularly liked the use of gambits as it helped with not having to deal with every abnormality a character got

as with any final fantasy game, i'd advise anyone to buy it

i've still got lots left to do with side line stories while will probably take me a good few more hours to do

completed it in 53 hours

was that hard to be honest, just kept doing random fights with tough monsters till my characters were up to level 50 and kicked everyones ass :)

the storyline was good and very different to the previous ones, along with the fighting style and i particularly liked the use of gambits as it helped with not having to deal with every abnormality a character got

as with any final fantasy game, i'd advise anyone to buy it

i've still got lots left to do with side line stories while will probably take me a good few more hours to do

I'm taking the meandering route. Exploring everywhere top to bottom and doing the sidequests as I go. I'm on Lvl 47, but I've still got LOADS of storyline to go.

I'm currently in the Feywood which is a right hoot.

Really enjoying the hunting, but disappointed there's no card games, ala XIII/IX

It's a shame really. I loved that game though :)

The scary thing is how they're resisting doing such a remake - it would be a guarenteed money making venture, they couldn't possibly lose by doing it. Perhaps though, they don't want a situation where the follow on games aren't as well regarded because of the awesomeness of the prequel, though.

edit : Is FFXII linear like FFX then?