aberdeen-music

Favourite Compilation CD?

Old Gold

My 2 favourites were as follows (on vinyl back in the 80's) -

Axe Attack (metal compilation with absolute classics - apart from Running, White Face, City Boy by Gillan).

American Heartbeat (AOR classics).

Both compilations bring back memories of great songs and great times. An era before the stresses of working, income tax, kids, divorce etc.

I get a lot of CD's from Amazon and am still drawn to the reissues from this era.

The record companies have twigged to the fact that many of us 40 somethings have a disposable income and a desire to relive these golden years. As well as a desire to upgrade our vinyl to CD.

Most of the Amazon CD's are between 3.50 and 8. Great value.

Awaiting delivery of Perfect Timing by MSG. Japanese Import but can't get in anywhere else. A killer album and probably their only really good one. Not a compilation but thought I'd mention it any way.

Oh, I see we're allowed LP's now.

Well in that case:

Country Comfort - a K-Tel special. One of my very first LP's (the other, well that was embarassing). All the greats, Johnny Cash, Dolly, Don Gibson, ah...

New Wave - cos I was about 12 and it was punk as fuck. And it has Love Comes In Spurts & Piss Factory

Oh, by the way, these are my favourites

As for cd there was a Victoira Williams benefit that I quite liked at the time.

For completists there is a big feck off Nuggets boxset (with an additional 3 cd's) but the original is best by far(and spotted in Fopp a while back at a 5 - don't know if it's still there though).

Oh yeah that Clicks + Cuts cd I really liked some of the stuff on that...

mine is "nazis make good targets"

1 - The Spiky Joys - Fuckin Nazis Annihilation, 2 - Total Chaos - Kill The Nazis, 3 - Napalm Death - Nazi Punks Fuck Off, 4 - Malignant Tumour - Nazis Raus, 5 - Crossing Chaos - Fuck Nazi, 6 - Rottuated - Fuck Nazi Sympathy, 7 - Swallowing Shit - Christian Metal Equal, 8 - USCB Allstars - Nazi Scums Are Walkings Nazi Reggae, 9 - Anti Globalizator - Beat The Nazi, 10 - Diskonto - Kungen Ar Nazist, 11 - Dicks - No Nazis Friend. 12 - Phobia - Dead Nazis, 13 - Sanitys Dawn - Fuck The Fucking Nazi Scum. 14 - Eugene Chadbourne - Nazi Punks Fuck Off, 15 - Cripple Bastards - Nazi Dad, 16 - DBS - David O Is A Nazi, 17 - Pulmonary Fibrosis - Fuck Off Nazi Bastard, 18 - Wizo - Naziskins, 19 - Doom - Nazi Die. 20 - The Heartburns - Nazi Bastard In Blue, 21 - Christian Death - Nazi Killer, 22 - POA - All Nazis Are Bastards, 23 - More Noise For Life - Nazi Punk Fuck Off, 24 - Asocial - Krossa Nazismen, 25 - Hellbastard - Nazis Killed, 26 - Konflikt - Antinazi, 27 - Ens - Kickin In The Face Of A Naziscum, 28 - Desorden Masivo - Revuelta Antinazi, 29 - Barbed Wire - Nazi Briton Fuck Off, 30 - Chumbawamba - On The Day The Nazi Died, 31 - Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off, 32 - Heiter Bis Wolkig - 10 Kleine Nazischweine, 33 - Infest - Nazi Killer, 34 - Dtakters - Kristna Nynazister, 35 - Propagandhi - The Only Good Fascist Is A Very Dead Fascist, 36 - UK Subs - Nazi Cunts, 37 - Adolfs Gossar - Krossa Nazismen, 38 - Leftover Crack - Nazi White Trash, 39 - Mushroom Attack - Fuck Nazis, 40 - Oi Scouts - Nuke The Nazis, 41 - Sore Throat - Well March Against The Nazis, 42 - H2O - Nazi Punks Fuck Off, 43 - Antidote - No Nazis In Punk!, 44 - Rumble Militia - Nazis Raus, 45 - Fight Back - No To Nazis, 46 - Non Servium - Antinazis, 47 - Slime - Nazis Raus, 48 - Sere Krev - Fuck Off Nazis, 49 - Oi Polloi - Nazi Scum, 50 - FUs - Trendy Nazi Hypocrites, 51 - Atomvinter - Nazifasoner. 52 - Disarm - Destrua O Nazismo. 53 - Toxic Bonkers - Nazi Fuckers, 54 - Korova - Nazis Ruined Shaved Heads. 55 - GRB - Nazis Muertos, 56 - Kastracja - Nazi Punk Fuck Off. 57 - Aus Rotten - Fuck Nazi Sympathy, 58 - Final Conflict - Nazi Punks Fuck Off, 59 - MDC - Nazis Shouldnt Drive, 60 - Stockholms Anarkafeministkor - On The Day The Nazi Died

Does it take 60 songs to remind you that nazis are bad? What a fucking waste of plastic.

Although..."Nazis Ruined Shaved Heads" is a fucking classic title!!

That's the one, Kirk...and, by the way, Wreckless Eric is at the Lemon Tree soon (with Amy Rigby!)...should be an excellent night. I'll be bringing my semaphore flags.

When is that? I turned up to see him at the Dublin Castle in London last June only for him to be cancelled so I'd like to catch him.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'll plump for "The North Atlantic Noise Attack" double LP from 1989. One disc was UK bands, and the second was a 12" e.p. of US bands. The UK disc was a who's who of late '80's UKHC with the likes of Ripcord, Intense Degree, Visions Of Change, Heresy, Napalm Death, Civilised Society?, Doctor and the Crippens, Extreme Noise Terror, Jailcell Recipes and Concrete Sox. The US disc had Septic Death on it, enough said. Best 5.99 I ever spent.

I'll plump for "The North Atlantic Noise Attack" double LP from 1989. One disc was UK bands, and the second was a 12" e.p. of US bands. The UK disc was a who's who of late '80's UKHC with the likes of Ripcord, Intense Degree, Visions Of Change, Heresy, Napalm Death, Civilised Society?, Doctor and the Crippens, Extreme Noise Terror, Jailcell Recipes and Concrete Sox. The US disc had Septic Death on it, enough said. Best 5.99 I ever spent.

Ah Manic Ears comp. The North Atlantic Noise Attack. Not entirely to my taste, but cool nevertheless.

And if late 80s UKHC floats yer boat, did you know that Terrorizer man Ian Glasper's third book is gonna look at that very scene? Available 2008.

It's the 12th of March...a week on Monday.

I just found out yesterday I'm supporting, so it'll save me buying a ticket:up:

'Fraid I'll be at Howling Bells on Monday. Sure I'll catch Wreckless Eric another time and I'll be sure to catch Kitchen Cynics soon.