aberdeen-music

Private Hire for a birthday party?

A.Pel

I want to book somewhere for a birthday party and my mind is fairly blank.

The immediate suggestion of the tunnels poses problems because of their license and underagers etc.

Where else could be good?

Underagers aren't an issue if you hire out Tunnel 2 as far as I'm aware... there were a few kids at Jim-Fest anyway.

I'd speak to Jim at the Tunnels cause when I had a joint birthday thing with me and some folk from work, someone's little brother was there with his friends and it was ok. They weren't drinking obviously, but Jim was very cool about it all. And I think it's free if you can guarentee a certain amount being spent at the bar.

If you're not after an actual whole venue like the Tunnels for the event there's plenty of good bars that let you reserve areas within the bar with food options. Old School House, Illicit Still and Bassment all spring to mind.

Kate's joint birthday party thing at Tunnels was good fun however, there were sandwiches galore :)

There was an underagers (I think) party at The Tunnels the other night when I was playing with my band. On heading out to my car to grab something, one of them decided to point out that I was not invisble despite my T-shirt saying so. Ya think? Snotty cunt.

But anyway, as long as the underagers don't act like that you'll be fine at The Tunnels.

I would like to point out that my T-shirt gets that reaction quite a lot, but usually it's all in very good banter. These kids just thought they were ace.

There was an underagers (I think) party at The Tunnels the other night when I was playing with my band. On heading out to my car to grab something, one of them decided to point out that I was not invisble despite my T-shirt saying so. Ya think? Snotty cunt.

But anyway, as long as the underagers don't act like that you'll be fine at The Tunnels.

I would like to point out that my T-shirt gets that reaction quite a lot, but usually it's all in very good banter. These kids just thought they were ace.

I get that with my t-shirt too. My 18th was ace. Tunnels 1 with L4, RHL and Edgar Prais.

Edit: Seafield Club just down from Palm Court is nae bad.

If the venue has an Entertainment License, then under 18's will have to be out by 11pm. Snafu does a lot of private functions, although underages have to be out by 10pm, as this is when we open to the public. Hire is free and we can arrange buffets by the likes of Earl of Sandwich, Beach Cafe, The Square, Five and suchlike.

Drop me an email on gomes@clubsnafu.com if you want to discuss further.

If you're not after an actual whole venue like the Tunnels for the event there's plenty of good bars that let you reserve areas within the bar with food options. Old School House, Illicit Still and Bassment all spring to mind.

Kate's joint birthday party thing at Tunnels was good fun however, there were sandwiches galore :)

And sausage rolls! That was down to the kitchen staff at The Lemon Tree however, I bullied them into provided grub. Just as well, I would hate to think how drunk I would have been if there'd been no food, I was wankered enough as it was.

They were with their mums and dads though and they were between 6-8 years old.

There was a baby at the party too, and it stayed out later than you... poor show! :D

I think it probably headed off around the same time Matt started doing a Madness saxaphone impression while simulatenously seducing a drunk-n-horny 30-something woman.