aberdeen-music

Bloc Party - Storm Off

Juice25

Their set was only 2 songs in when it happened. They came back on after ten minutes and finished the set. It was a pretty good gig in the end, but aside from a couple of songs they didn't look like they were having fun and the coin throwing incident made the rest of the gig feel a bit akward.

Apparently Liquid passed on their appearance, so the aftershow was at the Retro Rooms instead. Did anyone go? Exodus was heaving.

i heard that they were going to give retro rooms a miss because the idiots put out flyers advertising the aftershow for block party. they certainly didn't look in the mood for a party anyway.

I think Bloc Party were perfectly within their rights to go off stage after having a coin lobbed at them.

If I were them, I don't think I would have come back on stage at all. You've got to give them some credit for being professional and giving the audience another chance to behave.

I thought fields were ok, but they could have done with better sound. I couldn't hear any of the words and couldn't hear the accordion the girl was playing. She may as well not have bothered.

Overall, I thought the gig was good under the circumstances ie. the lead singer being freaked out and thrown off his game because of some coin-happy knob cheese. Whoever it was, I hope you are proud of yourself. You have no right to call yourself a music fan.

i heard that they were going to give retro rooms a miss because the idiots put out flyers advertising the aftershow for block party. they certainly didn't look in the mood for a party anyway.

I was just on the Bloc Party site to see if there was any mention of last night on their forums, apparently they did go to Retro Rooms after all.

I just can't believe that anyone would throw a coin while at a gig.

Thankfully they came back on and played a stormer but i agree with previous posters that the atmosphere was lost when they went off.

Kudos for coming back on tho and for also turning up and spinning discs at Retro Rooms after the gig.

Jamiesd

ps Kirsten were you less than jake girl?

Nope, afraid not :)

Also, isn't Kele supposed to be vaguely rock n roll. He shoulda thrown the coin back! Or ripped it up a bit and tried to track down the idiot who threw it.

It always confuses me why people throw things at bands they like... what's up with that?

yeah it was riciculus behaviour, why would you pay to see a band and then throw stuff at them?

i really enjoyed the gig, just was a shame the atmosphere was lost a bit. by the end it really picked up tho, and the songs from the new album are sounding ace, espiacially the prayer and hunting for witches.