aberdeen-music

Worst/Best band name ever?

medichi

Much better than Box though...

I think we made the right choice out of the 2! I thought coming up with a band name would be fun but it was bloody murder. "Bands" I have played in - Robear Burble, Ant Sally, 3rd World Lover, Diploma, Steel Wool, Rubber Ring (o_O ) Sons of the Stage (named before I joined!). Given my track record Flaming Katy isn't so bad.

I've always liked the name Supertramp. I also like QOTSA and the Eagles of Death Metal. Charles and Eddie?

Somewhere inbetween the banal (oasis, extreme) and the pretentious (and you will know us by the trail.....) is usually a good shout.

"extreme" metal or punk acts get away with great names that other bands wouldn't. I want to start a band called "The Brutally Murdered Ukrainian Prostitutes". Anyone up for it?

"extreme" metal or punk acts get away with great names that other bands wouldn't. I want to start a band called "The Brutally Murdered Ukrainian Prostitutes". Anyone up for it?
I don't know if that is extreme enough, I'm tempted to start a black metal band called "Cock of Christ."
How about Ice Cock? I've been throwing that around for years and nobody has ever liked it..

I'd like to start one called Adolf Hitler and The Anti-Semitic or, less extreme, Maggie Thatcher's Fanny Batter. Any takers?

bolt thrower. drastic.

Bolt thower is a wicked name! It's one of those ballistic/projectile weapon thingies. Quality band too.

I've read some pretty appalling/funny band names in Terrorizor over the years; Cock and Ball Torture and Fuck! I'm Dead to name a couple. And bumsnogger, who played Aberdeen I seem to remember.

Anyone remember that all-girl british band from about 10 years ago called tampasm?

Or Pansy Division, an all out-and-proud gay punk band?

I've always though Poison The Well was a good band name.

EDIT: just noticed teabags has mentioned fuck I'm dead

Off at a slight tangent here, but my all time favourite music-related name (a Nightclub & subsequent compilation CD) was "Up Yer Ronson"

I hadn't heard of the club (which I think was in Leeds) until one of the party girls in the office came in and announced (in machine-gun Glaswegian) that "she'd been at Up Yer Ronson in Leeds for the first time with her pal and it was so good she couldn't wait to do it again"

Needless to say the office was very noisy and all we heard was "Up The Ronson ...Leeds.. 1st time...great...do it again"

I had the "honour" of expaining to her just exactly what we thought she'd told us.

Skinhead band from the 80's that were called The 4 skins. They were skinheads and there were four of them of course. Do you think people who name bands after themselves are unimaginitive or just so far up their own arse they eat their shite for breakfast.

Don't be silly.

Five Star. They were stars and there were five of them. Simplistic genius.