aberdeen-music

Worst/Best band name ever?

medichi

Not sure which this is:

Hymen of Darkness.

Seriously. Some Black Metal band - never want to hear them in case it ruins the name......

Where do you start!!!

Obscure and meaningless shite bands aside...

"And You Will Know Us...." - pretentious as fuck, especially as they're a bunch of middle-class wanky-boys who couldn't kick their way out of a wet copy of Razzle.

"Dragonforce" - pretty lame

"Mostly Autumn" - dreadful, sounds like a brand of air-freshener

"Velvet Revolver" - gie's fucking peace! (G'N'R Lite, would have been a better name)

Having said all that, two of my fave bands also have shite names - "Led Zeppelin" and "Deep Purple", the first is ridiculous and the latter sounds like a band that would play songs to do The Slosh by at your cousin's wedding reception.

Best band names Ive heard are...

A Fine Boat That Coffin

I totally agree, I love that name. It reminds me of Monkey Island and I have no idea why, he must sail a coffin at one point during one of the games and it's stuck in my subconcious somehow. It's a pity I don't like the music.

I also love the names Meanwhile Back In Communist Russia and Iron and Wine.

Guest DustyDeviada

The Slits is a pretty good name, so is Gay Dad.

The Deviants was good, so good that I used to call my band that, until I found out that there had been another band called The Deviants for about 40 years.

I totally agree, I love that name. It reminds me of Monkey Island and I have no idea why, he must sail a coffin at one point during one of the games and it's stuck in my subconcious somehow.

It's true. You go across a swamp in a coffin when you go to see the voodoo woman.

Back to the topic, the best name I heard recently was Bitchsplitter

The Slits is a pretty good name, so is Gay Dad.

The Deviants was good, so good that I used to call my band that, until I found out that there had been another band called The Deviants for about 40 years.

I always though the The Slits, Hole & Revolting Cocks would have been a great line-up (pun intended 8-) .