aberdeen-music

Fault & Fracture - New Band

calum

that was pretty cool, I enjoyed it!

I'd say similar to what others have said, it's nearly there but just missing that little bit extra to push it over the edge, after the all the building up. Maybe finishing on a really doomy and heavy downtuned riff in A to finish with, a la Isis/Pelican etc etc.

Good work though.

that was pretty cool, I enjoyed it!

I'd say similar to what others have said, it's nearly there but just missing that little bit extra to push it over the edge, after the all the building up. Maybe finishing on a really doomy and heavy downtuned riff in A to finish with, a la Isis/Pelican etc etc.

Good work though.

Cheers :)

As for the doomy riff, we've got a fair few of those and don't want to feel like everything has to be building up to something heavy.

Guest Kilgore Trout
archives are fucking shite.

is that maxwells band? there's nae songs on myspace, so we have to IMAGINE what they sound like....they'd better be good...i read about my bloody valentine years ago and got increasingly more and excited...when i heard them they were a right disapointment.

Archives better nae sound like kaiser chiefs or i'll fucking greet.

it's a good name though, which is allways a good sign.

I saw you play at that gig the other night, only saw the last song mind you, it was awfuly early doors. I thought is was quite good and was assured the other songs were better. The vocals were really good when screamed however the singing parts were poor. More screams here please, or get some vocal training (I dont mean to be harsh here. I really did like the screams but the singing left a bit to be desired). That song on myspace is ok though like has been said before it sounds like the start of a song rather than a whole song. It doesn't have to finish with heavy riffage, I think it could easily meander on for a while longer and be good.

I'd come and see you again, and hope to at some point.

And no offence taken at all, I'm aware my singing's shite and it's been discussed quite a lot. It's partly that I've been over stretching for my ridiclously limited ability. More screaming, less and simpler singing parts in future.

And the last song is definitely a weak one, it'll hopefully be reworked by the next time we play. Which for anyone interested is at Kef on the 18th (all dayer with My Mind's Weapon and some others) and at the East Neuk on April 26th with Thema Eleven (yas min), Archives, Project:venhell and Clearer The Sky :)

Cool. I'd definatly like to make the one on the 26th. I think the ideal solution would be to get better at singing, this sort of post rock stuff sounds good with some singing it it, though that is a lot harder than just doing less singing and more screaming. It would be worth it in the long run, if possible.

east neuk show will be a cracker like!

Damn right! Lineup:

BBRX Presents - Thurs 26th April:

Thema 11 - www.myspace.com/themaeleven

Project Ven Hell (TBC) - www.myspace.com/projectvenhell

Archives - www.myspace.com/archivesuk

Clearer The Sky - www.myspace.com/clearerthesky

Greater The Shadow - ????

Fault and Fracture - www.myspace.com/faultandfractureuk

Doors 7:30pm, First Band on 7:45pm sharp, 4 Entry.

The East Neuk, 132 King Street, Aberdeen.