aberdeen-music

Fault & Fracture - New Band

calum

More of a mix of post hardcore and post rock. Nae sure what to say about it, influences are on our page. Only direct comparison we've had's been Funeral Diner.

And Woody, there's no vocals on that one. We're pretty evenly split between instrumentals and ones with vocals though.

More of a mix of post hardcore and post rock. Nae sure what to say about it, influences are on our page. Only direct comparison we've had's been Funeral Diner.

And Woody, there's no vocals. We're pretty evenly split between instrumentals and ones with vocals.

ta. I'm slightly messed up today :)

i'll be there at thee show. i think :gringo:

Yeah, i'm looking forward to hearing the other new stuff and seeing/hearing you live. Telos is great, nice build up :)

I think Aberdeen is going to be good post-rock wise this year. Fault and Fracture, Kartta and Genevieve. I hope we all get on a bill sometime together as we're all different enough to pull slightly different crowds.

The new Genevieve stuff's progressing nicely too so keep your ears peeled.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Needs more focus, and structure. Doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. Are there vocals in the other songs? I understand that the repetition and all that is building up an atmosphere and trying to create a feeling of an epic soundscape, but more needs to be done to stop it just being the same riff played through a delay pedal for 2 and a half minutes. Also, a gripe I had was that the drumming dynamics were too weak. At one point they were riding the crash cymbal while the rest of the band were building up the sound, which sounded a bit muddy. I guess what I'm trying to say is if the main focus of the song is the dynamic, then the dynamics should be perfect.

Needs more focus, and structure. Doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. Are there vocals in the other songs? I understand that the repetition and all that is building up an atmosphere and trying to create a feeling of an epic soundscape, but more needs to be done to stop it just being the same riff played through a delay pedal for 2 and a half minutes. Also, a gripe I had was that the drumming dynamics were too weak. At one point they were riding the crash cymbal while the rest of the band were building up the sound, which sounded a bit muddy. I guess what I'm trying to say is if the main focus of the song is the dynamic, then the dynamics should be perfect.

OK that's pretty useful actually, thanks :)

As for the repetition, while one parts staying the same the others for most of the song are changing, although I'm nae sure how clearly that's all coming through. I'll make sure the drummer reads this. And yeah there are vocals on the other songs.

If anyone else has any thoughts along these lines it'd be really helpful. We've all listened to the kind of stuff for a long time but this was pretty much the first time we've tried writing anything like it so we definitely need to hear where we're going wrong.

Guest idol_wild

As a regular post-rock listener, I can appreciate what you're trying to achieve in this song - however, it just doesn't hit the nail on the head for me. Others have mentioned that it's a bit short, and I feel the same...it doesn't quite...get there, I think. There's a peak to be reached, but you only get half way up the mountain.

Your preliminary climb is an admirable attempt though.

I'd love to hear more of your stuff; I think you have potential.