aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MDP

Please delete my account

Guest Tam o' Shantie

any chance you could start ignoring these requests unless they're sent through private messages? it really kneads my balls having to read these crying saps' threads out of vague curiosity.

any chance you could start ignoring these requests unless they're sent through private messages? it really kneads my balls having to read these crying saps' threads out of vague curiosity.

yeah - i was just thinking that!

What pisses me off more is the fact that 99% of the time people that have their accounts deleted only go and register on the site again within a few weeks. X(

Why not just get me to rename your account guys and stop wasting my time?

What pisses me off more is the fact that 99% of the time people that have their accounts deleted only go and register on the site again within a few weeks. X(

Why not just get me to rename your account guys and stop wasting my time?

Oops, I'm guilty of that! I didn't know you could have a screen name changed. Sorry.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
!"Oh my GOD, totally RanDom "D00d3z"!"

Sums it up

How delightfully scathing

• Upvote 1

these threads are the net quivelant of kids going in a huff and threatening to take their football home.

i bet half the people asking for accounts to be changed log straight on as a guest just to see the "don't go, we really love you" posts that they expect to be left in their wake.

oh, and while we're at it - can stop promoters posting "would anyone go and see.... " threads. if they were any good at their fucking jobs then they'd just book the bands, promote them properly and sell tickets that way. instead they seem to reply on the opinions of half dozen web-mongs saying "oh, i'd go - and my Granny would go to".

• Upvote 1

oh, and while we're at it - can stop promoters posting "would anyone go and see.... " threads. if they were any good at their fucking jobs then they'd just book the bands, promote them properly and sell tickets that way. instead they seem to reply on the opinions of half dozen web-mongs saying "oh, i'd go - and my Granny would go to".

whats wrong with gaugin a little interest?

For all you know these bands could be booked already and these threads are mearly to build interest.

whats wrong with gaugin a little interest?

For all you know these bands could be booked already and these threads are mearly to build interest.

As it was in the Aereogramme thread. You can't please everyone though. Someone's always got to moan. :p

to build interest.
if they were any good at their fucking jobs then they'd just book the bands' date=' promote them properly and sell tickets that way. instead they seem to reply on the opinions of half dozen web-mongs saying "oh, i'd go - and my Granny would go to".[/quote']

im sure that answers the question

whats wrong with gaugin a little interest?.

Was Gaugin no' Van Gogh's mate?

There's an idea - you can only have your account deleted if you cut your own ear off and post piccies on the gallery. or paint sunflowers. or something.

not really, as i said these threads, as the areogramme one was, can sometimes just be to build an interest in gigs, yes obvioulsy promotion has to be done in other places and not just here but its a start.

not really, as i said these threads, as the areogramme one was, can sometimes just be to build an interest in gigs, yes obvioulsy promotion has to be done in other places and not just here but its a start.

why post that then? why not just post a thread informing us that band x will be playing venue y on day z?

I see it as self gratification - as with the "cancel my account" threads it's just a way of saying "look at me, look at me" and merely feeds the egos of people who think they hold the gig going public in their hands. and that applies to all of these type of threads, not just the one spectified by someone else here.

why post that then? why not just post a thread informing us that band x will be playing venue y on day z?

I see it as self gratification - as with the "cancel my account" threads it's just a way of saying "look at me, look at me" and merely feeds the egos of people who think they hold the gig going public in their hands. and that applies to all of these type of threads, not just the one spectified by someone else here.

not all marketing ploys are the same.

Fair enough tho i dont see the problem but you do, so ill leave it at that. :)

not all marketing ploys are the same.

Fair enough tho i dont see the problem but you do, so ill leave it at that. :)

fair dos.... it's not something i lose sleep over, believe me. it's just one of those niggly things that seems to occurr all the time.

fair dos.... it's not something i lose sleep over, believe me. it's just one of those niggly things that seems to occurr all the time.

yeh cool, i wasnt meaning that in a dickish way or anything btw.

This is Aberdeen though.

Depending on the type of band, people don't have time for bands unless their mates in them.