aberdeen-music

[GIG] Khar Leong + Kitchen Cynics + The Jinx + Sarah J Tingle @ The Tunnels

Jim Stax

So Quiet It Kame is a label/collective based in Aberdeen.

Launch Night: Friday 23rd Feb @ the tunnels. With sets from Sarah J Tingle, Khar Leong, Kitchen Cynics, The Jinx and music all-night from DJ And of Bass and guests.

3 regular charge entry charge and 6 deluxe entry charge for a unique evening of entertainment, fine food and drinks...

SQIK002a and SQIK002b, our first double compilation and showcase CDs, will be released on Feb. 23rd 2007, and will be available for sale (to the lucky few (we wont be making very many)) at the launch night-out.

To bring a sparkle to the granite, throughout 2007 we will be hosting monthly get-togethers, with very special guest Bands, Musicians and, most critically, Chefs. These will take place at the Tunnels in Aberdeen, in the cafe bar, where we will also be offering a sumptious special menu.

what deluxe means

the gig is being held in tunnels 2, the cafe bar, and so for the deluxe price of 6, you can have music all night, as well as a fine meal from a special menu. We're trying to get a special deal for you on coffee and cherry pie too. watch this space... and watch myspace too at

www.myspace.com/soquietitkamerecords

where we've posted songs taken from the compilation CDs, by sarah j tingle, khar leong, kitchen cynics and the jinx.

the gig is being held in tunnels 2, the cafe bar, and so for the deluxe price of 6, you can have music all night, as well as a fine meal from a special menu. We're trying to get a special deal for you on coffee and cherry pie too. watch this space... and watch myspace too at

www.myspace.com/soquietitkamerecords

where we've posted songs taken from the compilation CDs, by sarah j tingle, khar leong, kitchen cynics and the jinx.

This is soooo much better than my late night cut and paste :up: :up: :up:

SQIK compilation CDS!!!!

as jim's already said over on the announcements board, here's the details of SQIK's first couple of compilation CDs which will be available for sale at the gig.

some real beauties here i think. My favorite since thats allowed, is the Jinx, Tissue Skin. The jinx fucking rock. And then Alan's count your blessings, which contains a wonderful weird clarinet solo ... and fiona keenan ripping the strings on a big accoustic... really great stuff! dead proud to be involved with it!

Sunrise (disk a)

1. Tissue Skin - The Jinx

2. Cowgirl Song - Amy Sawers

3. Watching the Giants Pass - Jim Ewen

4. Ride That Pony - Green Pony

5. Quietly Now - Sarah J Tingle

6. Boney Process - Mickelmass

7. Three Drunken Brothers - Lorenzo Snow Collective

8. Lowland Lip - Staccato Set

Sunset (disk 2)

1. Worm - Kathryn Sawyers

2. Hard-Luck Town - Delawair

3. Golden Opportunity - Welfare Mothers

4. Till the End of Time - Khar Leong

5. Misery My Name Egon

6. Woven Shawl - Lazy Sheepdog

7. Make it Clean - Fiona Keenan

8. Count Your Blessings - the Kitchen Cynics

more like late night halfcut & plastered

:woohoo:

CD info and stage times for SQIK on friday night

each CD will be 5, though we can do some kind of deal for folks who want to buy both together i expect, probably 8 for both..

Stage times will be, roughly 10pm, 11pm, 12pm and 1am. Jinx will be headlining, but the order hasnt been arranged with the other three bands yet. will put this info up here soon as i can.

How much will the CD cost? Any rough stage times? I need answers for both of these.

Some sounds that will be heard over the course of the evening on Friday

Band Of Horses

Boards of Canada

Calexico

Johnny Cash

David Lynch

Coco Rosie

The Duke spirit

The Early Years

Explosions In The Sky

Grails

The Handsome Family

Infantjoy

Kasule

Bonnie Prince Billy

Blues Explosion

Labradford

Low

Parker And Lily

The Low Lows

P J Harvey

Bat The Lashes

Tarentel

Mercury Rev

Boom Bip

Battles

Little Shying Man

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Two Gallants

Felt

Cocteau Twins

Elbow

God Speed You Balck Emperor

Esmerine

Audrey

Walker Brothers

FOUND

DRAT

Clinic

Tristeza

Tom Waits (lots)

Cinematic Orchestra

The Cradigans

Stars Of The Lid

Sparklehorse

Amon Tobin

This is just my selection. Andy will no doubt have more for later in the night...

bump for IMP

and interesting music have brought the the low lows to aberdeen to play at the tunnels on march 11th, who will be supported by SQIK supremos, Lorenzo Snow Collective...

Some sounds that will be heard over the course of the evening on Friday

Band Of Horses

Boards of Canada

Calexico

Johnny Cash

David Lynch

Coco Rosie

The Duke spirit

The Early Years

Explosions In The Sky

Grails

The Handsome Family

Infantjoy

Kasule

Bonnie Prince Billy

Blues Explosion

Labradford

Low

Parker And Lily

The Low Lows

P J Harvey

Bat The Lashes

Tarentel

Mercury Rev

Boom Bip

Battles

Little Sying Man

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Two Gallants

Felt

Cocteau Twins

Elbow

God Speed You Balck Emperor

Esmerine

Audrey

Walker Brothers

FOUND

DRAT

Clinic

Tristeza

Tom Waits (lots)

Cinematic Orchestra

The Cradigans

Stars Of Thr Lid

Sparklehorse

This is just my selection. Andy will no doubt have more for later in the night...

(Red) Well then?

well then, what did folks think about last night? that was our first club night, so constructive criticism etc is very welcome...

the next so quiet it kame club night will be on march 23rd. lineup to be confirmed.

Also, on wednesday 21st March, we are putting on fence collective band, The Red Well, at the Tunnels. they will will be supported by Welfare Mothers (featuring that banjo savant, Lazy Sheepdog) and Lorenzo Snow Collective.

additional info about these gigs will be appearing on our myspace site www.myspace.com/soquietitkamerecords.

and if anyone wants a copy of our first compilation CDs, then they will be available at all the gigs, or if you contact us at soquietitkame@hotmail.co.uk. 5 each, or 8 for the two

thanks to everyone who turned up and played last night. i thought it was fantastic. my highlight was khar leong, and jim/dave's perfect leland palmer footage

cheers

kevin