aberdeen-music

Rageh Inside Iran

Stripey

Did anyone else watch this last night on BBC4 ? It was great, it's not often you get to see pictures of Iran like this on the tv here so it was quite an insight. I'm pretty sure most people in the uk would be stunned by the modernity and sophistication evident in Tehran, infact I really hope this is shown again but on BBC1 so more people can see it.

My sister has been over there once and loved it, I'm tempted to go myself this year now.

Did anyone else watch this last night on BBC4 ? It was great, it's not often you get to see pictures of Iran like this on the tv here so it was quite an insight. I'm pretty sure most people in the uk would be stunned by the modernity and sophistication evident in Tehran, infact I really hope this is shown again but on BBC1 so more people can see it.

My sister has been over there once and loved it, I'm tempted to go myself this year now.

The usual with me....I meant to watch it, but forgot. Like you say, hopefully it'll be repeated on BBC1 (or late at night on BBC4).

Didn't see it but there's a 6 minute clip here

YouTube - Rageh Inside Iran

Axis of evil?! It seems Iranians are normal people like us o_O

Who'd have thunk it eh....

The whole thing is on uknova at themoment...but yea, they do identify more with europe than the arab world, some of the film of stuff like shopping malls and the subway just looks like any other major european capital city, with it's own distinct character of course. There was an Iranian cinema season on film 4 a while back and the films were easily on a part with the best of european art house cinema.

It's a real shame that such negative perceptions have been fostered in the UK and the US about Iran, I don't doubt that a lot of people in the west think it's some bombed out 3rd world shithole.