aberdeen-music

ipod question

Noir

Even if you can fill them up off the same iTunes, it is likely that you will fully charge them both in preparation for a bus journey to the Glasgow and both will be out of power by Montrose. A couple of neds will get on in Dundee, sit in front of you and you will be forced to listen to their shit banter for the duration of the journey. You will curse God and you will curse Apple.

Even if you can fill them up off the same iTunes, it is likely that you will fully charge them both in preparation for a bus journey to the Glasgow and both will be out of power by Montrose. A couple of neds will get on in Dundee, sit in front of you and you will be forced to listen to their shit banter for the duration of the journey. You will curse God and you will curse Apple.
Bollocks. Ive done a week tour of France,m listening to the iPod constantly through the van speakers. It last 5 days without charging.

EDIT: Wait, you may be meaning a iPod shuffle, when IM talking about a 5th gen 60gig. Apologies if you. If you are not, then SCREW UP SHAKI!

OK, new question, I've got a new laptop and I want to backup all the songs on my iPod on it. How do I get them into the new version of iTunes I've installed?
Either when the iPod is connected select all the albums/artists and drag them to library, if that doesnt work go to My Computer, open the iPod through Windows Explorer then select "iPod_Control" (make sure you're showing hiddedn files and folders) then copy everything inside that folder to your machine. The only problem is, all the music files and folders will have random names that make no sense, which is an arse, but however copying that whole folder on to your machine, if you then need to reset the iPod, copying all those folders back onto the iPod once its reset will put all your music back on, all organised like it was when you copied it to the machine.

Hoep that made sense.

Guest DustyDeviada
Either when the iPod is connected select all the albums/artists and drag them to library, if that doesnt work go to My Computer, open the iPod through Windows Explorer then select "iPod_Control" (make sure you're showing hiddedn files and folders) then copy everything inside that folder to your machine. The only problem is, all the music files and folders will have random names that make no sense, which is an arse, but however copying that whole folder on to your machine, if you then need to reset the iPod, copying all those folders back onto the iPod once its reset will put all your music back on, all organised like it was when you copied it to the machine.

Hoep that made sense.

Started doing the latter last night but cancelled when I saw it would take an hour and i thought there must be a morse sensible way. Maybe not.

Started doing the latter last night but cancelled when I saw it would take an hour and i thought there must be a morse sensible way. Maybe not.
Yeah, takes a while, but think about it, you must be copying about 10-15 GB of data, so it's bound to take a while.

I've got 12 gig on mine and have to do it every now and then because I shut down XP and start Vista at work with the iPod connected which fucking kills it. Pain in the fucking arse. Luckily Im starting to remember NOT to start Vista while its connected.

Guest DustyDeviada

Actually up to about 27GB - on my 30 GB iPod, gulp. Should have bought a 60GB. That said, there's a lot of stuff on there that I've never actually listened to, so it may be a case of 1 album in, 1 album out from now on.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm probably a bit late in posting this but I got a new PC the other week and connected my ipod and ipod shuffle to it. also, i copied all the music off the ipod onto my new PC by following these instructions -

Zolved - How to transfer music from your iPod to iTunes/your computer.

EDIT - same method as Teabags suggested which i just read....