aberdeen-music

WANTED: Columbo look-alike

Project S.A.M.

Anyone here capable of pulling off a semi-compelling Columbo impression? You don't have to be the spitting image of Peter Falk, just look like someone people could at least accept (with the addition of perhaps fake eyebrows, a cigar and trenchcoat) as someone who was supposed to be Columbo.

You'd have to say some cool lines in front of a green screen, and you'd get to shoot a gun.

If anyone (Columbo fans in particular, but not essential) is interested and wants to know what I'm talking about, respond or PM or whatever.

Thanks

I think this is the most responded to post I've ever made.

I welcome you all aboard the Columboat.

Looks like we have two front runners:

DustyDeviada: A dirty mac is definitely a boon. Anything else to bring to the table?

Biz: I get the gist of your message, but you lost me for a while with "my bolt, but nae smack". Care to elaborate? You could work as Columbo.

Perhaps anyone keen could post a picture of themselves as Columbo. Or if you can't find a costume, just photshop your face onto a picture of Peter Falk. Or just post a picture of Peter Falk.

columbo.jpg

If Peter Falk himself were to be reading this, that would be ideal.

Maybe I should have said, it wouldn't be a real gun.

Some sailing experience would be great, but having said that it is a CGI boat. The Columboat, that is.

Thanks Biz, Peter Falk's website is staggering. I'd already seen a page from it, but had assumed that it wasn't real, simply because of some of the stuff he appears to have written on it.

Biz seems to be out in front in as far as eagerness goes, but it's not a competition. Actually, it is a competition. It's a competition to be the best Columbo. The prize is to be Columbo, in Columboat. To be filmed towards the end of the month, or there abouts.

Biz, how's your accent?

Guest DustyDeviada

Like Columbo, I also who have a wife who I often refer to but nobody actually ever sees, except when she has her own short-lived spin off show, called "Mrs Deviada", before going off to be a Star Trek captain.

I also have lots of celebrity friends who would be willing to be guest villians.

I must be the frontrunner, surely?

Like Columbo, I also who have a wife who I often refer to but nobody actually ever sees, except when she has her own short-lived spin off show, called "Mrs Deviada", before going off to be a Star Trek captain.

What Captain Janeway? - she of the voice that would strip paint from the walls?

You're about twice Columbo's height, min!

YouTube - ALIAS abc 50 anniversary skit with Columbo

YouTube - Follerie Parodie Doublage Columbo 3

send me a script and I'll learn it in his usual accent, cheers Biz.

Biz, I don't know why you even want to get involved in all this, because as I recollect - having watched hunners of episodes of 'Columbo' - there was never even a HINT of lesbianism or coapy baps in the entire series :laughing:

It would be a terrible wate of your time.

the lure of pulling off a semi got me interesteed

Anyone here capable of pulling off a semi-compelling Columbo impression?

Ahh, pulling off a semi and a compelling Columbo impression sounded ooh err missus - right up my alley, being a pop star always had the allure of loads of coapy bap action, BUT, at over 20 years and barely a sniff, I think it is time I returned to the film industry, the lure of hot tub action with coapy baps that probably cost as much as a decent new wee car floats MY boat. I am practicing that accent, boy oh boy, I'll hae supermodels on my D and ting before the year is out, LOOK OUT Cannes, here we come, ooh err , boyyoy yoyyoying, spurt, etc.

Ahh, pulling off a semi and a compelling Columbo impression sounded ooh err missus - right up my alley, being a pop star always had the allure of loads of coapy bap action, BUT, at over 20 years and barely a sniff, I think it is time I returned to the film industry, the lure of hot tub action with coapy baps that probably cost as much as a decent new wee car floats MY boat. I am practicing that accent, boy oh boy, I'll hae supermodels on my D and ting before the year is out, LOOK OUT Cannes, here we come, ooh err , boyyoy yoyyoying, spurt, etc.

Coapy babs indeed.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that the Columbo role has been re-taken by the excellent Columbo look-alike and vocal mimic that we'd initially got to do it. It had seemed as though he wouldn't be able to do it which is why I though I'd ask here, but over the weekend the situation changed and now he definitely can.

But thanks, and I've still got you earmarked for some other potential roles in things to be put together over the next few months.

If you head over to Donside Video on blip.tv you can check out Bedshitter, which was shown at the Video Ultra thing. A heavily-cut 5 minute edit has just been posted, but a few posts back you can see the full-blooded 8 minute version, which includes the infamous Bed Shed scene. You'll see what I mean if you watch it.

Also, Youtube presented me with this:

YouTube - Johnny Cash - Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (Columbo)

It's two segments from a Columbo episode featuring Johnny Cash as a country singer who killed his evangelist wife.

• 1 month later...