aberdeen-music

preston on never mind the buzzcocks

delboy

caught this last night with the chap from the ordinary boys walking off in a huff - what a cock, if you go on that show your gonna get the piss ripped out of you. he was really acting like a prima donna rock star before he stormed off. he needs to get a sense of humour methinks.

caught this last night with the chap from the ordinary boys walking off in a huff - what a cock, if you go on that show your gonna get the piss ripped out of you. he was really acting like a prima donna rock star before he stormed off. he needs to get a sense of humour methinks.

I think that it was more the fact that Amstell was taking the piss out of his wife. If someone was to do that to me i'd be offended too. I don't mind someone taking the piss out of me directly as i'm sure Preston wouldn't as well, but in this case it was just a bit OTT and unescessary.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks ceased to be funny a few years ago though so it doesn't really hold my interest anymore.

I thought it was pretty funny.

He was only reading stuff out of her own book. Anyone with any sense of humor would have laughed.

First time i've watched it with Amstell, I thought he was quite funny.

If someone was directly taking the piss out of your girlfriend/wife/partner repeatedly while she wasn't there to defend herself wouldn't you be a bit offended?

Amstell's a cunt though.

If someone was directly taking the piss out of your girlfriend/wife/partner repeatedly while she wasn't there to defend herself wouldn't you be a bit offended?

Amstell's a cunt though.

it was pretty tame piss taking though. He read 2 sentences out and Preston sits there with a face like thunder before storming off - no attempt to bite back, argue or anything.

It just made him look a humourless twat to be honest.

Amstell's a cunt though.

If your wife/partner had written their autobiography following a stint on celebrity big brother I say they deserve abuse. Don't want abuse? Either don't do shitty publicity stunt TV or don't go on Never Mind The Buzzcocks presented by Simon Amstell.

Personally i would have told Amstell to fuck off and if he persisted i would've beaten his smug face to a pulp, maybe Preston's not a confrontational person like me though. Anyway, i think Amstell's a humourless cunt so i'll have to agree to disagree. And taking the piss out of Chantelle is totally out of date, maybe that's why Preston didn't take it on having heard it a million times before so he couldn't be arsed putting up with it from some mop haired asshole who thinks he's up-to-date and funny.

Guest DustyDeviada

Apparently Preston is still knocking off his ex and the whole Chantelle thing is just for publicity. People are starting to get wind of this and the Buzzcocks walkout was staged to emphasise how much he really loves Chantelle.

Apparently.

I didn't see it, but it's repeated on Saturday. Last week's one was funny though, Donny Tourette was ripped to bits.

i actually had my hands covering my face when he was reading from the book.

"nooo siiiimon..."

it was funny though. from the start preston was being the most unfunny person ever to be on there. just going in a huff every time anything was said to him. surely he knew what he was letting himself in for?

i love simon amstell.

amstell did go slightly up in my estimation, he's still a cock mind and buzzcocks is well past its sell by date, i only caught it by chance. and they've dropped the best round the one where they wheeled out ancient pop stars - bah!!!!

but preston came across as a cock right from the start - he seemed devoid of any sense of humour.

If your wife/partner had written their autobiography following a stint on celebrity big brother I say they deserve abuse. Don't want abuse? Either don't do shitty publicity stunt TV or don't go on Never Mind The Buzzcocks presented by Simon Amstell.

Here here!

I think also the truth hurts so if someone is making a joke on national TV about your wife being a dumb media-whore with nothing to say for herself, and it's true, you may well get upset.

I've never seen Simon Amstell before, thought he was funny in parts but generally thought the show is past it's sell by date.

Madge is still a fox......

I think the program has gotten so much better since Amstel took over, if you look on Youtube some kind sole has been putting up the episodes in 3 parts!! Just type in Never Mind The Buzzcocks.. hmm

I agree, and I've just spent the last few hours watching them all on YouTube, Amstel was ace on PopWorld too. The Donny Tourette show is great - Amstel, Bailey and Fielding on one show, how can it fail?!

Preston must've know what he was letting himself in for, and acted like a humourless prick, like someone holding a three year grudge over me photoshoping their head onto Yoda's body.