aberdeen-music

hot fuzz

framheim

Superb. Lived up to every bit of hype as far as I'm concerned. The only downside was I watched the trailer too many times, so by the time the garden hopping scene came around I was completely numb to it.

And Dave surely the super fast editing isn't part of the parody, but simply a part of Edgar Wright's style? He did it Spaced (I'm thinking the episode with the slow mo gun fights as a good example, when Tim and Daisy are planning the night out) and Shaun of the Dead.

Superb. Lived up to every bit of hype as far as I'm concerned. The only downside was I watched the trailer too many times, so by the time the garden hopping scene came around I was completely numb to it.

And Dave surely the super fast editing isn't part of the parody, but simply a part of Edgar Wright's style? He did it Spaced (I'm thinking the episode with the slow mo gun fights as a good example, when Tim and Daisy are planning the night out) and Shaun of the Dead.

yea but he never did it as much as in this film. i'm not talking about the bits linking scenes together(like when simon pegg first arrived at the hotel) but the bits in the car chases/gun fights.

I liked it but it was no Shaun of the Dead

I thought it was better. But then the references meant more to me than Shaun's, having watched far more dodgy action films than dodgy zombie films. The way they copied exact scenes from the films they were taking the piss out of was excellent.

Also I was disappointed with Shaun Of The Dead the first time I saw it. Only when I watched it with beer a few months later did it seem to live up to it's hype. Last night I left the cinema grinning, without a shred of disappointment.

I thought it was better. But then the references meant more to me than Shaun's, having watched far more dodgy action films than dodgy zombie films. The way they copied exact scenes from the films they were taking the piss out of was excellent.

Also I was disappointed with Shaun Of The Dead the first time I saw it. Only when I watched it with beer a few months later did it seem to live up to it's hype. Last night I left the cinema grinning, without a shred of disappointment.

shaun of the dead was about much more than just zombie films though. and hot fuzz is not qutie as good either. as ridiculous as it sounds, shaun of the dead is actually more believable a film than hot fuzz. i think that hot fuzz feels more like a spoof rather than a tribute. i'm not knocking it in any way mind, my only problem was with the editing, the film itself is great fun.

Was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. It's good, but it's not great. Certainly nowhere near as well done as Shaun. Favourite joke was Timothy Dalton's car music.

On the plus side, it did remind me to have a look on youtube for Asylum. Not the full episodes, sadly, and for that I curse the bloke who put them up for taunting me, but I haven't seen them in years, so delighted.

Search for "best of julian barrett" (we ain't allowed to post links to it on here, are we?)

shaun of the dead was about much more than just zombie films though. and hot fuzz is not qutie as good either. as ridiculous as it sounds, shaun of the dead is actually more believable a film than hot fuzz. i think that hot fuzz feels more like a spoof rather than a tribute. i'm not knocking it in any way mind, my only problem was with the editing, the film itself is great fun.

The best thing about Hot Fuzz was how unbelievable it was though. Without ruining the film, the ending was great. No one expected it(by that i'm referring to when Nicolas Angel finds out why the murders take place).

Best bits include the karate kick to the lady(and the scene straight after where he questions them) and Timothy Dalton.

Fucking brilliant. On par with Shaun of the Dead.

I loved seeing folk such as Bill Bailey, Kevin Eldon, Olivia Colman, that guy from the office, Marsha from Spaced, Adam Buxton, Bill Nighty, Steve Coogan, Frank from Shameless and others making appearances in the film.

Best bit was probably the massive gunfight towards the end. It was pretty violent aswell actually.

The best thing about Hot Fuzz was how unbelievable it was though.

Exactly. What the fuck is with everyone complaning about lack of realism these days? Realism in movies, realism in games. Who gives a shit? The reason you watch/play these things is to escape the realism of your life.

I enjoyed it, saw it in edinurgh last week. Was nowhere near as good as Shaun but i still did enjoy it. The cast list read like a whos who of british comedy from the last ten years and you were going its him! Her from thingy! Marsh! through most of it. Loved Timothy Dalton and Edward Woodward as well.

I guess i've got the opposite experience to Chris in that I've seen more dodgy zombie flicks than than cop buddy movies, but I did think there was much more going on in Shaun of the dead and the characters were a lot more interesting.

I thought it was okay but not really that funny. It struck me as being clever and well made but not really having much 'soul' (indefinable I know). I'm also thinking that Simon Pegg and co are moving inexorably into the mainstream and that, I fear, means they're not going to be as funny in future. It's a bit like when they move comedies from BBC2 to BBC1 - you know they probably won't be worth watching anymore because they're trying to appeal to too broad an audience.

Cracking movie.

Shame VUE cinema decided to disregard the law that day though (Its certificate 15).

I went to see it on Saturday with my boyfriend (who through glorious experience of DVD retail has been well briefed in the law of such things) and the place with swarming with kids (circa age 9-12) and at the end of the film we tracked down one of the managers to place a complaint and witnessed some of the most fantastic arrogance Ive witnessed in my life. After reporting the amount of children in the screening and questioning if abiding to the law in question has become optional the response was, Actually, we check ALL ID around the corner indicating to the ticket area cue a pile of 9 year olds emerging from the lift.

Us: Those kids were in seeing Hot Fuzz

*Manager looks at us as in an incredibly ignorant manner*

Us: Go ask them what they went to see.

*manager approaches children and asks what film they were in seeing, all children respond that it was Hot Fuzz manager then ushers the children off the premises and hides behind the ticket booth around the corner so that we cant access him*

Out of this world.

I'm pretty sure you can take this further, higher up. Don't know ho much of it would be a waste of time though.