aberdeen-music

the brits

delboy

i always watch out of curiosity - pretty poor show this year - no controversy, no rock stars acting like twats on free booze, not even any collaborations, really really dull indeed.

and russell brand remains the worlds biggest and most unfunny twat.

since it was live they should have got fleetwood and fox to present again!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

I used to think Russell Brand was a total twat, but I've recently warmed to him a bit more and think he's actually pretty funny, good turn of phrase. I think it was seeing him and Noel Fielding being rather amusing on some crappy 'that was 2006' quiz hosted by Jimmy Carr over Xmas that turned me.

Some of his slightly dodgy quips before the watershed made the Brits at least slightly interesting. I've been enjoying Amy Winehouse's album but her performance seemed a bit 'can't really be arsed'. Liam's vocal performance was a joke. Red Hot Chili Pepper's performance proved once again that Kiedis is a truly awful singer live. Scissor Sisters just trotted out the same wacky puppet novelty that they did the other year.

Joss Stone has obviously been smoking too much of something dodgy in America, nice legs though.

I think the thing that made me laugh most was Arctic Monkey's fancy dress costumes.

i really enjoyed it last night. the stage sets looked outstanding, for all the live artists but particularly for the scissor sisters and the killers.

RB is not someone i generally like at all (in fact, i can't stand the cunt) but he's been really funny the last few times i've seen him.

joss stone is a fud tho. she used to be hot, now she's a midden with stupid hair - nice legs tho!.

oasis made a terrible choice of songs and they were fairly poor but there you go!

/x

in fact, just read the post above - says it all! the arctic monkeys outfits were ace!!

I used to think Russell Brand was a total twat, but I've recently warmed to him a bit more and think he's actually pretty funny, good turn of phrase. I think it was seeing him and Noel Fielding being rather amusing on some crappy 'that was 2006' quiz hosted by Jimmy Carr over Xmas that turned me.

Me too. It was that and the secret policeman's ball that got me round to him.

Guest bluesxman

Why should they? He didn't want to know about getting involved with them when he thought he was bigger and better but now they have eclipsed his recent output they should just kiss ass? He has nothing to do with their recent stuff. I did think they were going to say something and the papers suggested they were going to, obviously changed their minds. Why am I discussing Take That? Christ....o_O

Guest bluesxman
Take That's best single triumph was richly deserved.

I actually thought they came across better live than most of the other bands. Backing track and all that, but the singing was at least mostly in tune and not strained. Not a fan personally but all credit to them for coming back successfully with new material and not just relying totally on the old stuff. And it just goes to show that old Robbie wasn't as important as everyone made out.

russell brands stand up DVD is funny as fuck and will win you over!

i thought he was right twat until i saw it at xmas and its damn funny, he is quite quick to take the piss out of himself and he comes across as actually quite intelligent!

not my favourite comedian or anything but hey ho

i missed the brits

i spent my valentines day hosting cafe drummonds open mic

possibly the most unromantic place/ setting in the world

Guest bluesxman
russell brands stand up DVD is funny as fuck and will win you over!

Agreed, my good lady bought it and although there's a couple of occasions when he over-stretches the joke it's very funny. I especially enjoyed his dissection of a kiss and tell some lass did with a tabloid about him, owning up to all the bits that were relevant and pointing out her little white lies.