aberdeen-music

repairing your own guitar FX pedals.....

Guest Kilgore Trout

Guest Kilgore Trout

lordy, i really love my DOD death metal pedal, i've had it a few years and i'm really chuffed with the noise it makes- any guitar sounds good through it, cheap Peavey right through to Jazzmaster. the problem is at last practice with Spike Pile Driver it started malfunctioning, it won't switch off: i got over the problem by employing another pedal as a emergency cut off but i miss the death metal on and off facility. i can pick the same model up on e bay for around 40 quid or so, which makes me sad- i want to repair!!!

anyone know of any technical types that would do a "homer" joiner style, as i knowgoing to R and B would "dee ma fukkin' heed in"

oh well.

i'm quite tempted to have a go myself as i reckon it can't be that tricky....

but information is power.....

I have a similar problem with my metal zone. The switch is fucked on it. Happened to my last one as well, but I can't really be bothered buying a 3rd. The annoying thing is my last one took 5 years of kicking, stomping and being jumped on before it broke, this one took 3 weeks.

If it is just a switch that is wrong, that will be easy to swap out. A simple soldering job. If its anything else i would have no idea. There are quite a few websites ddicated to pedal design/customisation that could help, sorry i dont know any names.