aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Jazz Festival

kirkt

I second that, what a monster!

also go see colin steele

Mario Caribe is with Graeme Stephen sextet on the 8th and Leo Blanco quartet on the 10th.

You'll find all you need on the events calendar.

For people in their 20s Id recommend something like Pete Carney and Orange Alert. They play acid jazz in which they use computers to jazz up the music, so to speak!

For younger folks I'd also recomment Trianglehead and Polar Bear.

Martin Taylor's bound to blow you away if you like crazy guitar solos etc!

hope this helps you a bit

steve

"also go see colin steele"

I second that. I think this year he is doing Miles Davis' Kind of Blue set. He did the same a couple of years back and it was a good gig with a nice atmosphere. At the time he had the saxophonist, Jesse Davis playing as a guest - I don't think he'll be there as he was playing at the blue lamp about a month ago.

I'd be careful of Martin Taylor, personally. Normally he does a solo show (pretty much what he's recognized for, now) which is pretty impressive and technically exciting but I found it hard to enjoy the music - especially 2 hours of it. To be fair though, I had some arsehole sitting behind me who didn't stop speaking for the entire gig so my judgement is somewhat hampered by blind rage! :swearing:

Mario Caribe is with Graeme Stephen sextet on the 8th and Leo Blanco quartet on the 10th.

You'll find all you need on the events calendar.

For people in their 20s Id recommend something like Pete Carney and Orange Alert. They play acid jazz in which they use computers to jazz up the music, so to speak!

For younger folks I'd also recomment Trianglehead and Polar Bear.

Martin Taylor's bound to blow you away if you like crazy guitar solos etc!

hope this helps you a bit

steve

1) thank GOD mario caribe's playing again

2) i'm younger than 20 and have already made arrangements to see Pete Careny and Orange Alert.

3) I love crazy guitar solos :D