aberdeen-music

New Toy...

Jeid

Today I took delivery of what I think is the finest pedal ever(well, that I've played through anyway)... a Boss HR-2 Harmonist! It's awesome. I've only been playing it for about 20mins through my Guitar Rig 2 setup, but it sounds great. It's guitarmony-tastic!

Anyone else got any great pedals which we should be aware of?

Today I took delivery of what I think is the finest pedal ever(well, that I've played through anyway)... a Boss HR-2 Harmonist! It's awesome. I've only been playing it for about 20mins through my Guitar Rig 2 setup, but it sounds great. It's guitarmony-tastic!

Anyone else got any great pedals which we should be aware of?

Congrats on Your new toy, I'll have to check one of those out.:up:

All I own currently is a Boss DS-1:(

You're damn right. I've got me one of those as well.

In fact, My pedal chain is something like

In front...

Boss TU-2 Tuner

Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive(modded to TS-808 specs)

Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

In loop...

Boss TR-2 Tremolo

Digitech Turbo Flange (lol)

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

Not sure where this Harmonist is gonna go yet. Need to play about a bit I think.

Next on the shopping list is an MXR Phase 90 and a hardcase for all these bad boys to go in.

Guest nature_1

mine is:

zvex fuzz factory - the best pedal EVER. it's so insanely amazingly beautifully weird.

digitech EX-7 - just because i love the sound of the space station.

and the rest are relatively normal

digitech whammy

metal muff (not mine)

big muff (not mine)

boss dd6 - the warp function is something special...

and yeah....i need a noise supressor. wouldn't mind a compressor/sustainer either, mind. Also, some more modulation, like a phase 100 or a small stone might be useful, just to add a bit of glint to clean sounds....

my favourite toy just now is my kaoss pad; so much fun, can create some lovely sounds when it's hooked up as a controller for the whammy!

x

The Fuzz Factory is great - mine seems to sound different every time I use it (in a good way). Sometimes I wish I had a more conventional fuzz but I'd miss the excitement of switching it on and having no clue what the hell is going to happen.

I have a PS-5 (Super Shifter) which incorporates the harmonist. I mainly use it for straight pitch shifting and am having trouble getting it to track in harmony mode. Do you have any tips Eriatarka? I'm currently using it in the FX loop.

ESSENTIAL. :)

I've got a Boss DS-1, that is the only effects pedal I own but when I click that thing on, it can be pretty noisy when I'm not playing My guitar but when I start playing the noise goes away, would a noise suppressor be a good thing for Me to invest in?

I own 2 guitars and this happens regardless of which one I use.:rockon:

I've got a Boss DS-1, that is the only effects pedal I own but when I click that thing on, it can be pretty noisy when I'm not playing My guitar but when I start playing the noise goes away, would a noise suppressor be a good thing for Me to invest in?

I own 2 guitars and this happens regardless of which one I use.:rockon:

I'd personally recommend ditching the rubbish pedal to start with.

A DS-1 is one of the few BOSS pedals that I rate.

Blame Kurt Cobain.

It's strange... loads of guitarists seem to have them in their rigs, although I suspect they're modded a lot of the time.

My favourite Boss still has to be the plain ol' OD-3. It's been helping my boring fuzz pedal piss off the neighbours for a couple of years now.

Hrm... I'm begining to believe we have similar tastes in gear and sounds Dan. I use my SD-1 in that exact way. Works very very well. Add an extra dimension to the sound I think.

I owned a DS-1 once... It was rubbish... sold it to my old Bass player. I'd get a Rat if you wanted something that covers a lot of tones. I like them... hrm, maybe I should get another one.

You're damn right. I've got me one of those as well.

In fact, My pedal chain is something like

In front...

Boss TU-2 Tuner

Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive(modded to TS-808 specs)

In loop...

Boss TR-2 Tremolo

Digitech Turbo Flange (lol)

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

Mine is:

Distortion Pedal. Amp.

Nice, eh?

Hrm... I'm begining to believe we have similar tastes in gear and sounds Dan. I use my SD-1 in that exact way. Works very very well. Add an extra dimension to the sound I think.

I owned a DS-1 once... It was rubbish... sold it to my old Bass player. I'd get a Rat if you wanted something that covers a lot of tones. I like them... hrm, maybe I should get another one.

aye rae has a rat sounds awesome when he sets it up right. Works really well with ciarans bonetone i think its called.

Guest nature_1
The Fuzz Factory is great - mine seems to sound different every time I use it (in a good way). Sometimes I wish I had a more conventional fuzz but I'd miss the excitement of switching it on and having no clue what the hell is going to happen.

hear hear!

i wouldnt mind a fuzz probe, they look delightfully strange aswell!

x

Mine is:

Distortion Pedal. Amp.

Nice, eh?

Aye... works for some... bet you get horrible feedback at times though. NS-2 FTW!

Plus You're a cock :D

aye rae has a rat sounds awesome when he sets it up right. Works really well with ciarans bonetone i think its called.

Rat's are very good.. work well on Bass too. Do you mean a Tonebone? Close enough :)