aberdeen-music

Abdysma last night at Drummonds

Teabags

I have also had the displeasure of seeing Abdysmal: anyone doing a Pants Ferdinand* cover should instantly be taken to the nearest industrial estate and have each finger removed with the use of vice grips, hacksaws, and big fuck off lathes.

Do I have to say 'in my opinion LOLLERSKATES' now?

(*I'm using this as a band name, no stealing it, cock knockers.....)

This is absoultely nothing personal against Abydsma as they are probably sound guys but I agree with thurisaz I'm afraid. I've heard them at least two times and to say "I wasn't impressed" would be being nice....

I'm not keen on their stuff and their choice of covers is particularly upsetting to the ears. No offence but I'm not an avid fan.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I have also had the displeasure of seeing Abdysmal: anyone doing a Pants Ferdinand* cover should instantly be taken to the nearest industrial estate and have each finger removed with the use of vice grips, hacksaws, and big fuck off lathes.

Oh yeah, they played at that Tunnels Ascension gig a wee while back, right? Musically competent, but absolutely earth-shatteringly, brain-blendingly sleep-inducing stuff. Never gone for so many smoke breaks in my puff.

the guiytarist can play there is no doubting. but heres what i thought was terrible

1-the speed was terrible for the riffs

2-the vocals were too reptitive and simply very boring.

3-the guitarist showed off too much and basically made evything boring cos it was simply him playing a riff which was okay, but too fret wanky and boring while the rest of the band did.....fuck all

4-everything was exceptionally pretentious

5-I didnt even knwo when the songs actually started compared to makiing random improvised nonsense.

etc etc etc