THE LOW LOWS + MUSIC FOR ONE + LORENZO SNOW COLLECTIVE

Sunday 11th March

The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen, AB10 1BF. (01224) 211121

Doors 8.00pm / Entry 5

www.thetunnels.co.uk

www.myspace.com/interestingmusic

www.myspace.com/shazkabam

THE LOW LOWS

interesting music promotions and DiZZY SToRM are coming together, (and are very excited) to bring to Aberdeen THE LOW LOWS, an absolutely beautiful/enchanting/eerie (go listen and decide for yourself!) act from Georgia, USA, who's album FIRE ON A BRIGHT SKY was released on Monotreme Records (home of 65daysofstatic, Picastro, Barzin to name a few..) in Oct 2006, and who will be releasing a new 2 song single on the label in march.....

Its been a year since the resignation of Lily Wolfe closed the books on NYC dream-pop quarter Parker & Lily, and six months since the reconfiguration of the remaining members into the Georgia trio named (after Parker & Lily's third and final album) THE LOW LOWS. Fire On The Bright Sky, their debut album, is a radiant, desperate prom-night of a record. Here's just a few of the great reviews it has received...

ALL MUSIC - "The Low Lows create pretty, pretty lo-fi dirges driven by lightly chugging guitars, Farfisa organ, and treated vocals. Some might place them firmly in the lineage of the Velvet Underground -- and the feedback squalls and oddly archaic tendencies would back that connection. But at times there's also something soft and delicately enchanting about the Low Lows that places them in line with acts like Galaxie 500, Red House Painters , or the more delicate tendencies of Sparklehorse . Highlights include the Western-gothic drama of "Dear Flies, Love Spider" and Wolves Eat Dogs." The Low Lows also seem to be at their best when they slow things down to a funeral pace and extract every drop of drama and beauty out of each moment, as in the hauntingly gorgeous "Poor Georgia." This is a solid, lovely effort that sails on the back of strong song writing and uniquely mournful vocals."

SPLENDID Venomously confessional... one of the most voyeuristic and tragic musical projects in recent memory Noon has shaved his observations on his breakup with Wolfe into lyrics so concise, they're reach haiku-like proportions of succinctness... (they) have succeeded in capturing an extraordinarily elusive human experience...one of the most perfectly lilting vocal styles that I've heard in some time...it's melancholy, yet hopeful...a beautifully melded combination of Galaxie 500 and Mazzy Star...so beautiful that you'll want to repeat these tracks over and over. The only thing that'll keep you from riding the "repeat" button is the fact that each new track is as striking as the music that came before it.

BUFFALO NEWS "Parker Noon and Lily Wolfe delve deeply into the rather twisted and heavy-weathered emotional landscape of their relationship throughout the moody and beautiful 15 songs. All are eerily intimate. All are nigh on unforgettable as well. Fans of the wispy, flower-in-a-rainstorm esoterica of Tindersticks or the work Julee Cruise has done on various David Lynch soundtracks will find plenty to love. Noon's creepy Lou Reed-like sung-spoken vocals, subtle baritone and steel guitar work, and disturbingly poetic lyrics forge a marriage made in hell with Wolfe's organ, electric piano, vibraphone and disembodied vocals. The results reach the shore of the listener in seemingly small, innocuous waves, but their undercurrent is sinister and powerful... It's the most unsettling document of the inner recesses and hidden spaces in a love relationship since Yo La Tengo's masterful "And Then Everything Turned Itself Inside Out."

www.myspace.com/thelowlows

www.monotremerecords.com

MUSIC FOR ONE

Main support for the night will come from MUSIC FOR ONE - the project of Canadian guitarist Sherry Ostapovitch, who is now based in the UK. Her reputation has slowly built up on the back of impressive live performances and a handful of EPs.

Crafted out of melodic, looped guitar lines, rattles, scrapes and buzzes, Sherry has performed on bills alongside Sunn0))), Christina Carter, and Do Make Say Think. Up until now MUSIC FOR ONE has been an electric entity merging stark guitar motifs against clicks and crackles created from bits from the hardware store and effects pedals. But on her trip to Canada this summer she acquired a beautiful metal-bodied acoustic resonator guitar. So she is now shunning electricity (only some areas of her life, mind) for acoustic wonderfulness. New sounds, ideas, and directions are always emerging but my delicate balance of emotive quiet and stillness up against bawdier bristleyness is there. "What would have happened if electricity hadn't been invented? What would the acoustic blues musicians and folkies sound like today? What would John Cage and Morton Feldman sound like played on a dobro? Would all music be more improvisational? In truth these questions are somewhat of an afterthought... I just play guitar and let what filters through me be.."

www.musicforone.com

LORENZO SNOW COLLECTIVE

Lorenzo Snow Collective are three men from the cold and grey city of Aberdeen who write cinematic country tinged slices of music mainly about pain, loneliness and despair. But its not all fun and games - we also have a dark side.

If all our failed dreams were personified we would be the leaders of a formidable army.

www.myspace.com/lorenzosnowcollective

• 3 weeks later...

go listen to the low low"s new single Elizabeth Pier via their myspace above,

its utterly out there, hints of the velvets, big doses of very early jesus & mary chain

but in a unique Low Low's style, it will be available at there show & worth the admission alone absolutley SUBLIME

go listen to the low low"s new single Elizabeth Pier via their myspace above,

its utterly out there, hints of the velvets, big doses of very early jesus & mary chain

but in a unique Low Low's style, it will be available at there show & worth the admission alone absolutley SUBLIME

I like the track a lot. Big up to DiZZY SToRM for pushing this one through.

its not only us that thinks this new single is the business:-

SINGLE OF THE WEEK 2

THE LOW LOWS Elizabeth Pier / Raining In Eva (Monotreme) They have such rewarding textures, drenched in deliciously subtle reverb and gently caressing feedback. Psychedelic galaxy touching dream-pop and look at those shoes arent that glorious, gaze away and fly with the positive melancholy and scratched surface warmth and the stark sweetness that wraps around you with the majesty of it all. The Low Lows (from Athens, Georgia) are wonderfully (strangely) unique and very very beautiful. www.thelowlows.net / www.monotremerecords.com they start a UK tour on the 7th March**

http://www.organart.com/

ORGAN 197 dated 1st March 07

I was looking forward to this gig lots as it was... Just listened to the single and the live session that's on their myspace and now, well, Bring on Sunday, quick!:up: :up: :up:

couln't agree more, Low Low's myspace clips sound superb, no wonder the new single got single of the week with organ

Yet another fantastic MONONTREME band about to make its Scottish debut in Aberdeen.

When The Low Low's played UK last tour sadly no Scottish dates, but this is just two quotes from venue owners/promotors down south; Andy at THE LUMINAIRE in London loves the band and has asked to put their photo on the wall of the bar. They will be headlining the venue VOTED LONDON'S BEST on this tour.

Dave Morrison (Gilded Palace of Sin) in BRIGHTON said they are one of the most

"VISCERALLY INTENSE LIVE PERFORMANCES" he has ever seen - he loves 'em!

They are headlining both venues this tour, after coming over as ex 3/4 Parker & Lily

seen once never forgotton......

:up: :up: :up: :up: 8-) 8-)

I had a dream, whilst mid flu, that The Low Low's turned up in Aberdeen and were an all girl band o_O

I'm rather looking forward to this gig...

IMP and Dizzy Storm doing the do once again :up:

Twas The Peppermints in deja vu, however it may have been a premonition of next

seasons bookings where i book nothing more than female artists based on raunch

rather than music.......... :] :]

should be a rather grand evening of entertainment

I fucking love The Low Low's!

I'll take them back to Aberdeen myself for an intimate gig If I have to...

Keep me in the loop later in the year IMP's Economics aside!

Although, it may be cheaper to just book a night in an Edinburgh or Glasgow hotel...

What we need is a smallish and very loud venue!

I fucking love The Low Low's!

I'll take them back to Aberdeen myself for an intimate gig If I have to...

Keep me in the loop later in the year IMP's Economics aside!

Although, it may be cheaper to just book a night in an Edinburgh or Glasgow hotel...

What we need is a smallish and very loud venue!

....drakes....:punk::music::ding::cheers::headbang::band: 8-)