aberdeen-music

imp Listening Post

offramp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Greg Haines demo. Just discovered it again, forgot how wonderful it was. A bit like SotL. I know he's looking to do a european tour in march, but i'm not sure if that includes the UK or not. Maybe get in touch with him, imp.

My Kappa Roots. Can't get over how incredible this guy is. Think a Scottish Will Oldham or something. Just amazing.

kelpe. Great idm from down south. Picked up one of his records in One Up last month. I've not stopped listening to it.

Rockets and Bluelights. Awesome mid 90's emo.

Helios. The man needs no introduction! Proving great music to write essays to.

I think it got a repress, and I andy malcolm has some

lite were here earlier this year, unfortunately I have only recently gotten into them and therefore missed the dates :(

p.s. come to dundee on 5th January, im putting on what price wonderland?, Feint and Kaddish @ the Balcony

p.s. are you the guy who did the a day in black and white review for that Balcony gig? why are you so mysterious? if you use msn add me stu_maxwell5@hotmail.com

I think it got a repress, and I andy malcolm has some

lite were here earlier this year, unfortunately I have only recently gotten into them and therefore missed the dates :(

p.s. come to dundee on 5th January, im putting on what price wonderland?, Feint and Kaddish @ the Balcony

p.s. are you the guy who did the a day in black and white review for that Balcony gig? why are you so mysterious? if you use msn add me stu_maxwell5@hotmail.com

malcolm ftw.

Lite kinda put my faith back into 'math rock', as it was getting oh so boring.

I'll hopefully make it to the wpw gig, they're probably my favourite uk emo band. It took me while to really like the LP, but i love it. The Feel, Express, Share and Aid EP though, man, that's gotta be one of the best 7"'s ive got. I hope they play some stuff from that.

Nah man, i didn't do that review. I didn't even know there was one done. Good gig though.

I'm at uni now, but if our wireless is playing ball when i get back i'll add ya.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bluesxman

Vic Chestnutt ~ North Star Deserter

Twilight Sad ~ EP

Icarus Line ~ Mono

Idlewild ~ Captain

Isobel Campbell ~ Milkwhite Sheets

Gallon Drunk ~ You, The NightAnd The Music/From The Heart Of Town

Arborea "Wayfaring Summer"

Robert Pollard "Coast to coast carpet of love" and "Standard gargoyle decisions"

Sharron Kraus "Right wantonly a-mumming"

Paula Frazer "Indoor Universe" and "Leave the sad things behind"

Malcolm Middleton "Into the Woods"

Imitation Electric Piano "Blow it up, burn it down, kick it 'til it bleeds"

PJ Harvey "White chalk"

I must get that Sharron Kraus!! Did you get it in Aberdeen? (Sounds unlikely, I know, but I noticed HMV had in the Baird, Krauss, Espvall one,which was a pleasant surprise).

There's a chance she might be touring up this way in 2008 (with Pantaleimon), and it'd be great to have her back here.

Listening post....

Bridget St John live show CD:up:

Toby Goodshank 'Safe Harbour'

Dawn McCarthy & Bonny Billy (jury still out)

I must get that Sharron Kraus!! Did you get it in Aberdeen? (Sounds unlikely, I know, but I noticed HMV had in the Baird, Krauss, Espvall one,which was a pleasant surprise).

There's a chance she might be touring up this way in 2008 (with Pantaleimon), and it'd be great to have her back here.

I got it as a download from EMusic. It'd be really good to see her here!

She was on the bill the first time I played live...at Drakes in March 2003. Also on the bill were Alasdair Roberts, Delicate AWOL (whose 'Fear of Jazz' night it was), and the headliners, the Iditarod. They all (apart from the AWOL folks) stayed at mine and I feasted them on haggis/whisky.

Rumours were afoot that Bryan Ferry would be in attendance (as he was staying with friends of Delicate AWOL....and playing at the Music Hall. Luckily he was ill, so the friends appeared sans the dapper gigolo).

I also played the same bill as Sharron last year in the USA...she was going to play recorder on 'Westlin' winds' with me, but I got so nervous I forgot to ask her up. I'm still embarrassed when I think about it, although I apologised profusely later!

Anyway...must dash...I'm off to see Meursault/Kartta/No Pasaran...yay!!!!!!!!:up:

Dear IMP,

If you get them back to Aberdeen, make sure it's not in the first two weeks of February (though, if you must...) or before the following days in May: 15th, 26th, 27th, 28th or the 3rd of June.

Thank you.

Yeah IMP its about time you got TMS back up here,i heard a rumour that they were alright live:gringo: unless you're double booked with Chris Corsano & John Malony et all 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Spires That In The Sunset Rise ~ Four Winds The Walker (cheers A :up:)

Telescopes/Bridget Hayden/Nackt Insecten ~ Live @ Inner Rainbow Studios 08/10/07

Aidan John Moffat ~ I Can Hear Your Heart

Malcolm Middleton ~ Sleight Of Heart

Kaleidoscope ~ Listen To The Pictures

Kitchen Cynics ~ 2007 Live Selection

Spectrum ~ Live @ Stereo, Glasgow 05/01/07

Jens Lekman - The Opposite of Hallelujah (bizarrely the first track i spotted after the Peacock gig the other night where Jens' CD was on). Tis good.

TingTings free tracks from everywhere. I gave them a chance. They're shite. Really, really shite. Like a primary school Bis.

Anni Rossi - Wheelpusher. Has been stuck in my head for weeks, no MONTHS. Best song I've heard for ages. Get it.

David Newlyn (Drift) - Wait Here With Me. Nice enough but a bit... yawn...

Caribou - Andorra. I didn't like this at all to begin with. Too chimey sing-song especially Melody Days which made my teeth hurt. Now though I've grown to like most of it (still not sure about MD though).

Rollin Hunt CD I bought on Sunday. VERY lofi and a few songs make you go "huh?" but some gems that are going on the next mix tape I make. 8 well spent.