aberdeen-music

imp Listening Post

offramp

I've also been enjoying this one. Plus:

Anne Briggs "The time has come"

Bonnie Prince Billy with Harem Scarem and Alex Neilson "Is it the sea?"

That Anne Briggs one is one of my all-time faves. I bought it on vinyl decades ago, and am really pleased I made the effort to see her live c.75 before she packed it in.

The Bonnie Prince Billy one is in the library, but I keep just missing it.....dammit!

I've been in Robert Wyatt listening mode of late...bliss :love:

That Anne Briggs one is one of my all-time faves. I bought it on vinyl decades ago, and am really pleased I made the effort to see her live c.75 before she packed it in.

The Bonnie Prince Billy one is in the library, but I keep just missing it.....dammit!

I've been in Robert Wyatt listening mode of late...bliss :love:

The Anne Briggs is wonderful - perhaps the best record to start with of hers. I'd love to have seen her play live. Maybe she'll come out of retirement one of these days, perhaps encouraged by the renewed interest in her music.

The BPB one is very good, although perhaps I'm just saying that because it reminds me of his show at the Lemon Tree. It's probably worth getting just for the title track alone.

Vivian Girls are very entertaining. Some of their songs remind me of Tiger Trap, whose only album is well worth digging out.

• 2 weeks later...

Alela Diane ~ To Be Still

Total ~ Sky Blue Void

Emeralds/Sun Burned Hand Of The Man ~ what if god was on the subway/smoke this now

Matricarians ~ An Absence Of Obstacles

Total ~ eternitys beautiful frontispiece

Skullflower ~ Obsidian Shaking Codex

Animal Collective ~ Merriweather Post Pavilion

Robert Calvert ~ Frequ

Siouxsie & The Banshees ~ The Scream

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...