aberdeen-music

Einstrzende Neubauten

bifta23

Yeah looks like it...their April dates are

April 22nd, Hannover (Capitol)

April 24th, London (Koko)

April 25th, Glasgow (Triptych Festival)

April 26th, Notthingham (Rock City)

April 28th, Minehead (All Tommorrow's Parties)

The usually only play 1 date in London. Certainly shaping up to be an excellent line-up this year.

The usually only play 1 date in London. Certainly shaping up to be an excellent line-up this year.

Fuckin' A!

As usual this pisses me off because guys like yourself will head for Glasgow and won't go to Aberdeen events which leads to them being less well attended which means we don't get bands like this in the future. Stupid vicious circle.

As usual this pisses me off because guys like yourself will head for Glasgow and won't go to Aberdeen events which leads to them being less well attended which means we don't get bands like this in the future. Stupid vicious circle.

I'm with you that....already contemplating going down the road to see Yellow Swans/Evan Parker. Plus Mr R is performing In C in Edinburgh.

Quite chuffed Neubauten are playing Glasgow cos we usually make an annual pilgrimage to the big smoke to see them.

I agree with you here - i like to try and catch something each night in Aberdeen in order to 1. make a weekend of it and 2. to keep things "local" and keep the attendances up.

This means i've missed shitloads of stuff over the last 5 years or so thats been on only in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Neubuten though.... VERY tempted to go along. It's the Wednesday night as well so may go down and still catch Thursday - Sunday in Aberdeen.

Vicious circle, like you say, though......

I'm with you that....already contemplating going down the road to see Yellow Swans/Evan Parker. Plus Mr R is performing In C in Edinburgh.

Quite chuffed Neubauten are playing Glasgow cos we usually make an annual pilgrimage to the big smoke to see them.

Is that a collboration between Yellow Swans and Evan Parker? If so when, where etc?

Is that a collboration between Yellow Swans and Evan Parker? If so when, where etc?

triptych.06

The following stunning aural insurgents are set to converge for a Free Noise freak-out at Triptych 07. They play Edinburgh Bongo Club April 28 and Glasgow CCA April 29 (full details in news section):

Contemporary-sax and free-jazz maverick Evan Parker has defied and galvanised European music for over 40 years. A pivotal figure in the UK's improv and avant-garde movements, Parker's legacy to modern music is massive. Yellow Swans' improvised arsenal of truly brutal, beautiful noise is arresting, unnerving and not to be missed: they forge a progressive, psychedelic corruption of black electronics, industrial music, US hardcore, and freeform rock.

C. Spencer Yeh is a visceral sound manipulator, whose bruising collusions with Thurston Moore and Deerhoof are avidly matched by his violin-mangled, gong-ho, throat-poetry under the Burning Star Core appellation. Also set to arrest at the Free Noise uprising are California noisenik John Wiese (Bastard Noise); polyrhythmic improv kingpin Paul Hession (UK); digital aural malcontents Metalux (US); punk-stunned free-jazz double-bassist John Edwards (UK); and UK avant-experimentalists Culver (Skullflower).

triptych.06

The following stunning aural insurgents are set to converge for a Free Noise freak-out at Triptych 07. They play Edinburgh Bongo Club April 28 and Glasgow CCA April 29 (full details in news section):

Contemporary-sax and free-jazz maverick Evan Parker has defied and galvanised European music for over 40 years. A pivotal figure in the UK's improv and avant-garde movements, Parker's legacy to modern music is massive. Yellow Swans' improvised arsenal of truly brutal, beautiful noise is arresting, unnerving and not to be missed: they forge a progressive, psychedelic corruption of black electronics, industrial music, US hardcore, and freeform rock.

C. Spencer Yeh is a visceral sound manipulator, whose bruising collusions with Thurston Moore and Deerhoof are avidly matched by his violin-mangled, gong-ho, throat-poetry under the Burning Star Core appellation. Also set to arrest at the Free Noise uprising are California noisenik John Wiese (Bastard Noise); polyrhythmic improv kingpin Paul Hession (UK); digital aural malcontents Metalux (US); punk-stunned free-jazz double-bassist John Edwards (UK); and UK avant-experimentalists Culver (Skullflower).

Thanks. I actually stopped being lazy and went and found this myself. Terry Riley also I believe. Good stuff.