aberdeen-music

Festivals in 2007 - Whatever happened to Indian Summer? Connect Festival.

Jenni.

So, I've been keeping an eye out for any word on a second Indian Summer but there's absolutely nothing. Anyone know if there's even gonna be one?

Whilst looking for information I came across the impressive website for this Connect festival at Inverary Castle, Argyle.

::: CONNECT MUSIC FESTIVAL :::

From the website alone there's definately a similar vibe to Indian Summer, so I'm all ears, AND it falls on the same weekend that Indian Summer did last year which makes me think this is an instead of as opposed to an as well as. Connect festival is presented by DF concerts whereas I'm pretty sure Indian Summer was by PCL.

Anyway, I'm suspecting Connect will be along similar lines though on a larger scale (20,000) with bigger names. They're selling these "early bird" tickets when there's absolutely no mention of a lineup which is pretty annoying, but I'm tempted to get some anyway. Modest Mouse have a new album on the way so that'd be pretty nice. I don't want to buy tickets when I don't even know who's playing... hmmm. Guess I'm routing for arcade fire showing up as well. Wouldn't mind getting a tipi either.

Thoughts and that?

on the "connect loves music" page there's a big list of bands and the header

"(Pls note this is NOT the line-up, but if you are a fan of these artists, then rest assured, the line-up at Connect is going to reflect your music tastes.)"

a few of them played indian summer and/or atp recently

i'm going to keep an eye on this website

connect festival will no doubt be sharing a similar lineup with the Electric Picnic festival in Ireland. Last's year lineup for that was really good....think Chemical Brothers are playing this year.

Nothing against the Chems, but they don't really seem to be in keeping with with the pre-publicity and Connect Loves lists' alternative ethos.

• 1 month later...