aberdeen-music

Brian May, What a Tube

Guest DustyDeviada

Nevermind Brian May being a tube. There's been quite a few knobish, tubish, totish things written on this thread. Now why is that....it's because we are all allowed our point of view. It seems to me that to be classed a 'good' band on this site, you need to be obscure. Gee! we all have records in our collection that we wish we never bought, some by bands that have sold 10million, and some by bands that have sold 10! well maybe more than 10, but you know what I mean. I remember watching a band in my local one night years ago. They were selling 7" singles of their new song. I bought it because I thought is was a good idea. Took it home and played it twice. Now it's taking up space next to my T Rex , Slade etc singles.

Basically we all like different stuff, be it food, drink or music. That's what makes us, us!

Nevermind Brian May being a tube. There's been quite a few knobish, tubish, totish things written on this thread. Now why is that....it's because we are all allowed our point of view. It seems to me that to be classed a 'good' band on this site, you need to be obscure. Gee! we all have records in our collection that we wish we never bought, some by bands that have sold 10million, and some by bands that have sold 10! well maybe more than 10, but you know what I mean. I remember watching a band in my local one night years ago. They were selling 7" singles of their new song. I bought it because I thought is was a good idea. Took it home and played it twice. Now it's taking up space next to my T Rex , Slade etc singles.

Basically we all like different stuff, be it food, drink or music. That's what makes us, us!

Amen brother! Now everyone gather round for a group hug......

That's what it's all about, dude!

Well said.

But from where I'm standing...............

Aye, Def Leppard are still beyond shite! :up:

It seems to me that to be classed a 'good' band on this site, you need to be obscure

Bang on, min :up:

Gee! we all have records in our collection that we wish we never bought

Flaps of Pish! - my record collection is perfect I'll have you know...and then there was "Young Gods" by Little Angels - what was I thinking ?(

Guest DustyDeviada
It seems to me that to be classed a 'good' band on this site, you need to be obscure.

Not true, it is universally accepted on this site that Dire Straits are one of the greatest bands ever, and they must be good, because they sold over 100 million albums. ;)

Not true, it is universally accepted on this site that Dire Straits are one of the greatest bands ever, and they must be good, because they sold over 100 million albums. ;)

dire straits remain one of the dullest bands ever - in fact the straits invented the word dull.

PISHFLAPS!!!!!!!!!

I dont think you could be more wrong my elderly friend :D :D

i don't think i could be more right you little whippersnapper. dire straits are so boring they couldnt even be bothered to officially split up!!! good lord i have 'brothers in arms' going round in my head now and its prompting me to take an old man's afternoon nap!

Guest Kilgore Trout

this thread has got boring, on the upside "PISHFLAPS" has become the new "DING".

put that in your Lemon Tree Brochure and smoke it.

(i use mine for the end of my roll ups, its the only practical use i have found for it)

Brian May is a towering ninny among mere mortals.

Dire Straits allways remind me of early Husker Du though, which may or may not be due to a malfunction in my brain box.

nighty night bin bags.

Guest DustyDeviada
any chance this thread could be renamed - mark knopfler what an incredibly duller than dishwater tube who sports dodgy headgear?

No. There will be no slagging of the man with more headband than hair.

I'm off to buy some Husker Du albums, they sound good. ;)