aberdeen-music

Brian May, What a Tube

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest Kilgore Trout
Yep,

Great guitarist, complete and utter twonk.

Never liked him. Never will.

aye but he's nailing angie from eastenders......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh he's a cunt.

aye but he's nailing angie from eastenders......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh he's a cunt.

She was tidy.....20 years ago.

Sadly, I'm old enough to have seen the two of them on "Wogan" in the 80's - a sugary diabetes-inducing experience if ever there was one.

It was awful, watching this guitar god, telling Wogan "just how much emotion this woman had in her voice" (referring to her dreadful Eastenders theme tune-based hit, "Anyone Can Fall In Love").

Fucking herpes-ridden minge of an experience.

God, I need a shower now.

CUNTS! for making me remember that :swearing:

Sorry guys but I for one disagree, I have a lot of time for what he has to say, he's just about to complete a PHD in Astronomy, is now multi million selling author, an award winning guitarist, and one of the best charity funsdraisers there are in the music business. He has every right to say what he wants to... Regardless of how 'prickish' it comes across.

And even then, that quote is aimed at the papers critics... Not the public as a whole if you read the whole paragraph, to which he is just defending his work, which most of us would if it were under attack... Especially if in the case of we will rock you where it plays to packed houses most nights and continues to win people's choice awards.

Don't get me started on these Superstar Fundraisers. I've had it to the back teeth about hearing how these stars are doing great things for charity. I remember Live Aid being on the, and a presenter saying something along the lines of:

Young Abby Smith (not real name) just donated the five pounds 26 pence she made from helping her mum with the housework. Then he went on to say how a guitar superstar (who got the Cream!! -I have withheld his name ) donated 25K, and how very generous he was for doing it.

Who gave the most, Abby (her all) or the Superstar (a fraction of the wealth)?

If these superstars kept even only 2 million of their wealth and gave the rest to charity, there would be whole villages, if not regions, in Africa and the rest of the world better off and living a better life.

What did Midge Ure do when he came back from his travels regardin Live Aid? He sold a few of the vintage car collection, and down sized his house from large mansion to a smaller mansion. Probably still kept plenty of dosh though.

don't get me wrong, I don't give all my money to charity, but I do give some....but I don't make go on TV and ask other to give all they can afford.

However, I do agree that everyone is allowed their say on things..

I like Brian may, he's written some of the most iconic guitar parts ever and is (from my experience) a nice bloke, so what if he gets pissed off about the jokes at his expense and people taking digs, theres probably not a person here who wouldnt retaliate accordingly, and looking at half the arguements on this website people here do it all the time, the difference is he's famous so easy to take a pop at him. His ramblings are certainly no worse than the comments made on here by some bands when people are negative about them.

Cheers

Stuart

'driven by you' is an unforgivable peice of complete tosh. as is re-doing an old queen song with (then) boyband five... and touting your hair round venues in the UK under the name Queen when your singer has been dead since 1991. good guitarist but still a twat.

I like Brian may, he's written some of the most iconic guitar parts ever and is (from my experience) a nice bloke

Stuart, I'm with you, right up to that point. But on the strength of his niceness and the genius of some of Queen's work, I listened to the Anita Dobson single on his recommendation...

...it was awful.

I immediately developed diabetes with it's sugariness...then came the self loathing...the voices in my head telling me to kill myself...and the nightmares, oh! the nightmares.

I've since rebuilt my life, but I still bear the scars amd occasionally, if I'm felling low, I can still hear head banshee tones telling me that "Anyone Can Fall In Love" o_O

Yep, Brian May is indeed, a cunt.

Guest Kilgore Trout
Sorry guys but I for one disagree, I have a lot of time for what he has to say, he's just about to complete a PHD in Astronomy, is now multi million selling author, an award winning guitarist, and one of the best charity funsdraisers there are in the music business. He has every right to say what he wants to... Regardless of how 'prickish' it comes across.

And even then, that quote is aimed at the papers critics... Not the public as a whole if you read the whole paragraph, to which he is just defending his work, which most of us would if it were under attack... Especially if in the case of we will rock you where it plays to packed houses most nights and continues to win people's choice awards.

och, you're 100% right to have you're own opinion as the "government of David farquhar" is not in power as such at the moment (barring negligable influence in my flat) but God aren't you a little sheep. boing. BAAA! Mr may is a cock, double ding. read up on it dude- the mans a cretin!

Queen are ding as fuck, the only reason they became "a national treasure" or whatever was collective guilt over old freddy's HIV death. never understood Queen, overblown , insincere bombastic lifeless music for people who dont like music. personally i lay the blame at the foot of the Waynes World demographic.

w h a t E V E R.

och, you're 100% right to have you're own opinion as the "government of David farquhar" is not in power as such at the moment (barring negligable influence in my flat) but God aren't you a little sheep. boing. BAAA! Mr may is a cock, double ding. read up on it dude- the mans a cretin!

Queen are ding as fuck, the only reason they became "a national treasure" or whatever was collective guilt over old freddy's HIV death. never understood Queen, overblown , insincere bombastic lifeless music for people who dont like music. personally i lay the blame at the foot of the Waynes World demographic.

w h a t E V E R.

absolute pish flaps.

Guest DustyDeviada

Of course Brian May is entitled to an opinion. But he should retain some dignity and not lower himself by getting involved in spats with reviewers.

Frankly, if I were a reviewer his ramblings would only serve as more incentive to slag him off, much more fun once you know he not only reads them but gets annoyed by them.

Bad reviews are inevitable, he should have the sense to ignore them and enjoy his success instead of getting bitter.

w h a t E V E R.

Ah yes, songs like 'My Melancholy Blues', and 'Take my breath away' are indeed bombastic and lifeless, you obviously are basing your opinion on the songs that were hits, which were by no means Queen's best songs. Queen are the third top selling band of all time if I recall and one of the biggest touring bands ever, and most people who don't like music don't go to see bands live. Most modern rock bands freely admit they owe something to Queen, you just need to see the people who played at the Freddie Mercury Tribute show to know that, their songs have been covered by many diverse people from Metallica to Robbie Williams, that's quite a wide variety of people who are professional musicians who dont like music then...

Cheers

Stuart

w h a t E V E R.

Your government owes me a new keyboard, this one is coated in Bovril.....

Guest DustyDeviada
Most modern rock bands freely admit they owe something to Queen, you just need to see the people who played at the Freddie Mercury Tribute show to know that,

I wouldn't base your argument on that show, unless you are also going to try to argue that the likes of Extreme, Def Leppard and Lisa Stansfield are great acts. ;)

Guest Kilgore Trout
Ah yes, songs like 'My Melancholy Blues', and 'Take my breath away' are indeed bombastic and lifeless, you obviously are basing your opinion on the songs that were hits, which were by no means Queen's best songs. Queen are the third top selling band of all time if I recall and one of the biggest touring bands ever, and most people who don't like music don't go to see bands live. Most modern rock bands freely admit they owe something to Queen, you just need to see the people who played at the Freddie Mercury Tribute show to know that, their songs have been covered by many diverse people from Metallica to Robbie Williams, that's quite a wide variety of people who are professional musicians who dont like music then...

Cheers

Stuart

dude we are never going to agree, !!!!

personally, i dont think citing Metallica and Mr Willliams helps you're argument though........

lets just say i wholeheartedly disagree whith your stand on this issue, however i wish you well on your further posts in this debate and hope that we can at least respectfully respect each others respective viewpoints.

cheers,

Doinky Dave.

Guest Kilgore Trout
absolute pish flaps.

i firmly disagree. i find further dabate on the issue pointless though. have fun practicing playing "drums" though dude-ranch......

luv and otherwise,

Doinky Dave...