aberdeen-music

Oi Polloi - show your appreciation folks

David Insurrection

Mill a h-Uile Rud, seen them in Glasgow, and they were terrible. Their act was exceptionally pretentious, and while it's nice they sing in Gaidhlic, it was all very boring rubbish punk music with nothign going for it other than that....it was American's speaking Gaidhlic.

But I thought we were, sniff... friends.... sob!!!

Actually, its all your fault, cause you guys loaned us the drums! But exceptionally pretentious, I dont know, exceptionally tired more like. It wasnt the best show to judge us by, the last on the tour, and for a variety of reasons, the show was canceled, but we decided to play anyway cause so many of our freinds had come down from Skye to see us.

As you know, it was a comedy of punk-rock errors trying to get a kit together. Sne ended up playing orchestral cymbals duck-taped to a stand as hi-hats. Earlier in the day she was almost in tears she was so tired, and she is a tough crusty punk, so that is really tired, and I was simply hallucinating with exhaustion, so I dont know what I might have said that was pretentious, but um, sorry.

Anyhoo, here is the rest of the tour with Oi Polloi if anyone wants to come to some of the other shows:

18 March Edinburgh Henry's Cellar Bar

20 March Glasgow 13th Note

21 March Derry Masons Bar

22 March Sligo Coolera House

23 March Galway Sally Longs - free

24 March Cork An Cruiscan Lan - all-ages matinee

25 March Limerick Undergound, Bakers Place, Tait Square

26 March New Ross CDP Community Centre - free

27 March Dublin The Lower Deck, Bothar Portobello

28 March Belfast Laverys Bunker Bar

29 March Aberdeen East Neuk Bar

30 March Stornoway Pointers Youth Cafe