aberdeen-music

Sky channels coming to terrestial digital

Chris

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Sky's top shows to go terrestrial

Sky are going to launch a number of new channels, which include live sports, onto terrestial digital. The channels will be available for a monthly fee.

However, and this is the bit I'm really pissed off about, it means the current sky channels (sky 3, sky news and sky sports news) will disappear from freeview. So no more soccer saturday. Fuck.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Sky's top shows to go terrestrial

Sky are going to launch a number of new channels, which include live sports, onto terrestial digital. The channels will be available for a monthly fee.

However, and this is the bit I'm really pissed off about, it means the current sky channels (sky 3, sky news and sky sports news) will disappear from freeview. So no more soccer saturday. Fuck.

That's really appauling.

That is probably the reason a lot of people opted to get freeview in the first place.

I see you'd need a new set top box, or at least a software upgrade, to receive the new channels.

Nah, lay out for a new box and give them money every month for what is probably going to be shit, no thanks. Remove the adverts and I might think about it, since adverts are there to generate revenue I don't see why I should give them money AND have to sit through shitty adverts, especially with sky's seemingly high advert/content ratio.

I see you'd need a new set top box, or at least a software upgrade, to receive the new channels.

Nah, lay out for a new box and give them money every month for what is probably going to be shit, no thanks. Remove the adverts and I might think about it, since adverts are there to generate revenue I don't see why I should give them money AND have to sit through shitty adverts, especially with sky's seemingly high advert/content ratio.

So it's basically like getting freview allover again?

What a load of tosh.

Why trading standards are letting them do this i don't know?