aberdeen-music

Motorbikes

Chi 666

i have just purchased a new chinese haotian vixen 125. Chinese Motorcycle Dealers | Baotian Scooters | Lifan Motorcycles | Takachi Helmets | Wholesale Motorcycles and Scooters | Lifan Monkey Bike | Sanben Scooters | Kinroad Motorcycles (click on the vixen).

dose anyone else have a bike? if so what type?

:rockon:

The max speed of that thing is only 55mph. iS 125cc the highest you can go on your licence?

On behalf of car drivers everywhere, cheers for the road rage. :rockon:

Re-name thread to '2 wheeled garden strimmer'?

pffft... could i expect any better from the people on this site. i think your thinking of a moped or a 2 stroke bike, 4 stroked dont make that sound.

yeh chris it works in the same way, i cant go on motorways. its really just to get me round town and too and from practice.

If he's only on his CBT he can't go on the motorway (I think, it's the same rules as a provisional license isn't it?). He could go on the dual carriageway though.

Yeah, you can't carry passengers, can't go on motorways and are restricted to under 125cc. You've also got to renew it every...is it two? years unless you pass a test in that time. I'm not sure whether you have to pass the CBT on a manual to be able to drive manual and automatic, though.

55mph seems a bit slow for a 125 though?

I've got a classic BMW & a classic Ducati.

Thinking about changing the BMW this year. Possibly for one of the following:

BMW F800 S/ST

23468_0_1_2_f800%20st_Image%20credits%20-%20BMW.jpg

BMW R1150 RS/Other modern R-series tourer (can't get my feet down on anything higher!)

PICT0108.JPG

Kawasaki ER-6F (650)

KawakakiER6f.jpeg

Triumph Sprint S/ST (1050cc)

Sprint_ST_Lauch161.jpg

Triumph Daytona 675

daytona-675-2006.jpg

Suzuki SV650 sport

sv650s_k6_001_n.jpg

Although both the examples of this I've seen so far have been surprisingly corroded for their age, so I'm not convinced about durability?

Yeah, you can't carry passengers, can't go on motorways and are restricted to under 125cc.
At age 17+' date=' a learner may ride a motorcycle not exceeding 125cc with a maximum power of 11kW (14.6bhp) must display L plates (D-plates in Wales), must not travel on motorways and must not carry passengers.[/quote']

I like it. Yes, im being a cock becasue I hate you.

i have just purchased a new chinese haotian vixen 125. Chinese Motorcycle Dealers | Baotian Scooters | Lifan Motorcycles | Takachi Helmets | Wholesale Motorcycles and Scooters | Lifan Monkey Bike | Sanben Scooters | Kinroad Motorcycles (click on the vixen).

good for you! hope you enjoy all the benefits(!?) of non 4 wheel transport including...

- low fuel costs

- easy to make your way through traffic jams

- much more enjoyment/ skill/ attention/ road craft required to ride a bike

downside..

- much higher risk of injuries....

think of your self as a turtle on the beach... the first few months can be pretty treacherous... (after that it gets only marginally more safe)

as for 55mph...feels a lot faster on two wheels than it does on four...

got a few bikes, but my fav is the duc

good for you! hope you enjoy all the benefits(!?) of non 4 wheel transport including...

- low fuel costs

- easy to make your way through traffic jams

- much more enjoyment/ skill/ attention/ road craft required to ride a bike

downside..

think of your self as a turtle on the beach... the first few months can be pretty treacherous... (after that it gets only marginally more safe)

as for 55mph...feels a lot faster on two wheels than it does on four...

got a few bikes, but my fav is the duc

cheers dude, much much cheaper than a car, and much cooler.

i think my brothers wanting to get a ducati, wether he does or not is a diffrent story.

:up:

downside..

Yup, as a new rider, sadly the chances of having an accident are highest in the first few months of riding - After that, with experience & training, they do fall considerably.

All I can suggest is that you (the OP, :) ) regard every other vehicle on the road as being driven by a blind, innattentive idiot, hell-bent on doing you harm & treat them accordingly. Don't get involved in someone else's acident.

Also, do pay close attention to the road conditions, especially as the cirrent winter conditions leave them even more potholed than usual. Also look-out for spilled fuel, gravel & any other shite that can cause you to slide. Especially after rain.

As well as your CBT, there are various forms of training out there where you can pick the brains of other riders who have learnt the hard way. Some may be quite expensive but as an investment in your personal safey & wellbeing, they are invaluable. Get involved if you can.

Also, you will find plenty of advice, info etc on here:

AberdeenBikers (UK)

The message-board is fre to join.

Riders-rights group lke MAG also hve regular activities & meetings:

Aberdeenshire MAG

I like it. Yes, im being a cock becasue I hate you.

Sadly for you, I passed my CBT at 16 and already knew the rules about riding on an L plate. Who needs Wikipedia when you have first hand experience of a subject? There's also people on here who know me who knew my lawnmower, so..hmm, who's the stupid one now?

Of course, only foolish people rely on Wikipedia as a reliable source anyway.

As for this -

All I can suggest is that you (the OP, ) regard every other vehicle on the road as being driven by a blind, innattentive idiot, hell-bent on doing you harm & treat them accordingly. Don't get involved in someone else's acident.

Tell me about it. I've nearly been hit twice on dual carriageways by complete morons, most notably by an old man who couldn't have seen me and who swerved out at what seemed like the last possible minute and only overtook by a foot or so. Both times were horrible experiences,

Whatever you do, don't get mad when riding as you'll just end up hurting yourself, I had an accident after going out in a furious mood and didn't pay attention to the car in front. I learnt the hard way, and it hurt...

Does anyone know what the rules are surrounding accessing 125cc+ bikes at 21 without any prior tests passed?

Guest Neutral
Sadly for you, I passed my CBT at 16 and already knew the rules about riding on an L plate. Who needs Wikipedia when you have first hand experience of a subject? There's also people on here who know me who knew my lawnmower, so..hmm, who's the stupid one now?

Of course, only foolish people rely on Wikipedia as a reliable source anyway.

As for this -

Tell me about it. I've nearly been hit twice on dual carriageways by complete morons, most notably by an old man who couldn't have seen me and who swerved out at what seemed like the last possible minute and only overtook by a foot or so. Both times were horrible experiences,

Whatever you do, don't get mad when riding as you'll just end up hurting yourself, I had an accident after going out in a furious mood and didn't pay attention to the car in front. I learnt the hard way, and it hurt...

Does anyone know what the rules are surrounding accessing 125cc+ bikes at 21 without any prior tests passed?

Yo have to take your full test to ride a higher cc unless the bikes bhp is below a certain amount

to get your full licence you need your cbt(usually day 1 of DA) anyway

I have a Ducati 916 and a Yamaha DT175MX