aberdeen-music

Maylene and The Sons of Disaster

medichi

Worryingly enjoyable album (assume it's their second - called "II"). Sold as Southern RAWK, and certainly has a heap of rock n roll through them. There's something "emo" creeping in though. Can't quite work out whats wrong with it, but that may be because I'm too busy air-guitaring. It may simply be the emo-cunt I saw wearing their shirt at the weekend.

Mr Lucifer and Ms Hardcore should check them out.

PS Buckcherry AND Backyard Babies touring together? Fookin HELL!

Maybe thats the problem.

Anyway, listening today I was reminded of Clutch, Anthrax and The Workhorse Movement all in the same song. Sometimes a little samey, but all enjoyable.

There're probably gonna be massive. Take that how you will.

You see with taht attitude you'll always be the close minded hardcore fan that I know you are...

Did you bother to listen to the last Underoath record? It was without doubt one of the most fresh, innovative, aggressive, honest and emotional records ever.

Were they one of the touring supports for Norma Jean last month? If it's the band I'm thinking of then they were awful. Mind you all the supports for Norma Jean blended into one so I may be mistaken.

Yeah cos He Is Legend sound exactly like all the other bands on that bill huh? Your ears are just untrained as of late. No offence, I'm sure you see my point?

You see with taht attitude you'll always be the close minded hardcore fan that I know you are...

Did you bother to listen to the last Underoath record? It was without doubt one of the most fresh, innovative, aggressive, honest and emotional records ever.

Hey! I'm perfectly open minded - my "recent purchases" from Amazon include Edan, Jamie T, Maylene...., Verse etc - reasonably diverse I think. Just cos I'm bored rigid by the glut of emo/screamo/metalcore guff coming out. I even admit to liking TBS.

Anyway, no I haven't heard the last UnderOath album, I'll give their myspace a whirl, but I'm not expecting miracles. I said this was a good record, end of.

And He Is Legend fucking SUCK.

Hey! I'm perfectly open minded - my "recent purchases" from Amazon include Edan, Jamie T, Maylene...., Verse etc - reasonably diverse I think. Just cos I'm bored rigid by the glut of emo/screamo/metalcore guff coming out. I even admit to liking TBS.

Anyway, no I haven't heard the last UnderOath album, I'll give their myspace a whirl, but I'm not expecting miracles. I said this was a good record, end of.

And He Is Legend fucking SUCK.

To comment on Underoath in the way you did without hearing their latest groundbreaking album is just pure ignorant. Well, to be fair, this argument is over as you ACTUALLY bought Jamie T...WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT?