aberdeen-music

Strung Out video studio diary

Guest Savant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Savant

I was listening to that this mornign and last night and I was thinking about the fact that you prefer it. It has some of their best songs, no doubt about that, and it probably has the best production but I think alot of the songs lack the edge that most of the songs on both Twisted and Exile have.

I think Exile has a higher standard of songs, generally, but songs like Velvet Alley, Cult of the Subterrainian, Razor Sex & Cemetery are all-time classics.

I was listening to that this mornign and last night and I was thinking about the fact that you prefer it. It has some of their best songs, no doubt about that, and it probably has the best production but I think alot of the songs lack the edge that most of the songs on both Twisted and Exile have.

I think Exile has a higher standard of songs, generally, but songs like Velvet Alley, Cult of the Subterrainian, Razor Sex & Cemetery are all-time classics.

Fair play. I do see your view although I dont agree if that makes sense. Even the lesser talked about tracks for me are amazing. Kill Your Scene, The Kids, Sattelite, Dig, the title track is AMAZING as well. Only song that's not that good is contender but it is still pretty cool. It's a tough call to be honest. I mean from Twisted onwards the quality of music is just silly good. I mean...sonic defiance....christ!?!?!? I'll always stand by STWB as a class record too...two thirds of it are just awesome.

Exile's production does kind of annoy me actually.

Guest Savant

It annoys you? I think it's crackin'! It is different from Paradox, but not neccesarily better/worse. Get in your car, put it on and turn it up - the intro makes you shit yourself!!

With Paradox, it's just those other songs you named that don't do it for me - they're not bad by any means and have great playing on them, but just the song isn't there as much as on Exile I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Savant
May be of interest....

Strung Out tour in June:

26th June - London Underworld

27th June - Newport Wales

28th June - Glasgow King Tuts

29th June - Music Box Manchester

I think I might go to this...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Savant

I only had a few listens while it was online. It sounds good but nothing amazing. It's also alot more poppy (in a good way) and less agressive than 'Exile'. It's also alot less tech than I was expecting - maybe it's a grower. Gonna see them next week!