aberdeen-music

Music & Lyrics

Shaki

I hate that there are women out there who make their boyfriend take them to this kind of film,they give women everywhere a bad name. I go to great efforts to make sure I only suggest films with a decent amount of gratuitous violence, sex or swearing when suggesting movies to the boy. It breaks my heart that he's been dragged him to see Love Actually, Driving in Cars With Boys etc by some sadistic past girlfriend. Had she no pride?!

Does anyone see these films advertised and think 'Ooo! I'd just love to spend 7 on this, I wonder if the hapless English fopp will get the quirky American girl AGAIN?'.

RAGE!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i went to see the film (based on the trailer which looked funny) and i liked it. Its not oscar material or anything, just a film that makes you smile.

I don't get why people just dismiss films off hand as ergh a chick flick etc, i love movies and am willing to go see things before making a judgement. (which is why i have seen some awful movies as well as some great ones)

I've been roped into taking my 8-year-old daughter and her friend to see this today.

Two questions...

1. Is it really that bad - should I take my PSP & headphones?

2. Is their any riding in it? - I sincerely hope not, as these are impresionable kids o_O

1. Its not bad, not great either though, it entertains you and is instantly forgettable, has some good one-liners, and only one thing that i did hate (one of the actresses was just plain awful)

2. Nah, just some kissing, it's a PG

1. Its not bad, not great either though, it entertains you and is instantly forgettable, has some good one-liners, and only one thing that i did hate (one of the actresses was just plain awful)

2. Nah, just some kissing, it's a PG

OK, Ta - I didn't want to create a Homer Simpson-style "birds'n'bees" scenario in the village o_O

Well, it was bearable - the kids enjoyed it anyhoo o_O

The spoof 80's video for the fictional band at the start was right on the money :up:

Give Hugo his dues, he may or may not be comparable to the vagina, but no-one does the self-effacing, silly-arse twit better.

I would also be prepared to engage in congress with the 'Cora' character (some bod on it by-the-way), but she'd need to bring her own roll of gaffer tape so that I could put a strip of it over her dumb, cheerleader mouth.

Also - question for you gearheads - In the "PoP" video, the bassist is playing a headless Steinberger (I have a 6-string like it) which I reckon would have been de rigeur back in '84, but the guitarists Jackson looks a tad modern - thoughts?