aberdeen-music

Obligatory snow thread

thank fuck it's all gone... the town grinds to a halt if it starts snowing - it's like everyone suddenly forgets how to drive. The ice this morning was bad enough - nearly careering into the car in front (which was already careering onto the opposite side of the road) didn't give me the best start to the day...

and as for the roadworks on Wellington Road. Holy cunting fucking bastard hell - who the fuck is responsible for the sheer fucking idiocy and disruption this has caused?

Yes I know....snow in the north east of Scotland in February...what a shock that is...o_O

As once vocalised by Jake from Spike Pile Driver....

"Our next song is called "The weather" because it is a nice, safe subject for people to talk about when there is nothing else going on in their life"

Hardly. Country roads are a lot worse than town. There's never that much snow in Aberdeen and the whole city environment makes sure it disappears fairly quickly...

Maybe in the heart of the city centre but as soon as you get on to main roads intersecting dual carriageways then the road conditions deteriorate.

North Anderson drive Feb 2006, an articulated lorry couldn't get any traction trying to turn on to Hill of Rubislaw. The airport bus faired no better.

It's just the same old story of the city and shire councils not deploying the gritters and ploughs in the advent of snow. The fact that a majority of drivers have the same tyres on all year round and are so shit-scared to be driving in snow adds to the traffic crawling at a snail's pace. Invest in some winter radials. Better grip in shitty conditions, but still no contest for black-ice and that sugar slush shit.

I know! I thought they'd be used to it by now! Fucking hell, ran into tailbacks from garthdee roundabout all the way up past broomhill, Glad i was cutting off at broomhill or i;d have been stuck

Isn't that due to roadworks down there? Took my folks half an hour to get through bridge of dee at the weekend as someone had the bright idea to try and fit 4 lanes into 1 with no traffic lights controlling the flow.