aberdeen-music

Post pics of Your Squier guitars or basses (Squier appreciation thread)

citizens_X

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yours looks nice though i'll give you that :)

It plays second fiddle to a second hand starter pack Yamaha acoustic, but thanks! I admit, I'm a Fender man when it comes to electrics. LPs perfect for certain stuff... you ain't wrong about the weight though.

edit: your Ibanez does indeed look damn nice by the by.

It plays second fiddle to a second hand starter pack Yamaha acoustic, but thanks! I admit, I'm a Fender man when it comes to electrics. LPs perfect for certain stuff... you ain't wrong about the weight though.

edit: your Ibanez does indeed look damn nice by the by.

I like Telecasters but i hate Stratocasters (i've always felt that they were very one-dimensional tbh, and also geared predominantly to a particular style of music- but that's a personal thing i guess). The only Strat based guitar i have is a Fernandes super strat that i bought for 500 10 years ago (it's my third choice guitar).

I'm (still) in the middle of building a Telecaster myself, here's how it looks at the moment:

CustomTeleBuild.jpg

Curse my lack of time for not having finished it yet :(

I've only had my Gibson SG Special Faded for a week but it outplays my Ibanez thoroughly (i love the Ibanez, for the record), the neck is a dream and it's got such a beautiful tone. I used it through my rig at practice today and it was amazing how much of a difference it made to the overall band sound.

I don't know... I'd say the strat is quite a versatile guitar. The fact that they're the template for the majority of pishy starter guitars and they're now the Arctic Monkey-clones instrument of choice.

I don't get what you mean by them being 'geared' to a particular style. Les Pauls were designed for super clean country playing (although twin humbuckers are the choice for most grrr music now), and Strats were designed - I think - to be more versatile telecasters thanks to the middle coil.

I do love telecasters all the same. I've often thought about selling the strat and buying a tele, but it's not really a priority right now.

I don't know... I'd say the strat is quite a versatile guitar. The fact that they're the template for the majority of pishy starter guitars and they're now the Arctic Monkey-clones instrument of choice.

I don't get what you mean by them being 'geared' to a particular style. Les Pauls were designed for super clean country playing (although twin humbuckers are the choice for most grrr music now), and Strats were designed - I think - to be more versatile telecasters thanks to the middle coil.

I do love telecasters all the same. I've often thought about selling the strat and buying a tele, but it's not really a priority right now.

I'm pretty sure that the Les Paul was predominantly designed as a Jazz oriented guitar (as Les Paul was a Jazz musician).

I just don't see the point in 3 single coils (in the same way that i don't see the point in 3 humbuckers) i prefer either 1 single coil and one humbucker, two humbuckers or two single coils and a humbucker.

I would choose a Tele over a Strat any day (though i usually replace the bridge single coil in a Tele with a stacked humbucker), just because i don't think the neck tone of Strats is very nice and they sound too thin on the bridge pickup and as i've said it think the middle pick-up is pointless.

Hrmm :) Different strokes for different folks, eh. Someday Alkaline, we'll find something we agree on.

So, does anyone give a damn about Squiers? Except the Tele custom thing anyway. Mex Fenders are going for so cheap these days after all (I got my strat a few years for 200 quid from the US).

Haha, so true. At least we have constructive debate though and not idiotic name-calling bouts :p

Squiers are a good place to start i guess if you're on a budget and want a reliable first guitar. Or if you only want something to muck about on. I actually have a Squier P-Bass and it's great :)

I started with a squier and it was perfect for it. These days i have a Gibson SG Special (Same as you Alkaline) which i absolutely love, yet i let the other LF guitarist use it. A Gibson Firebird Studio, also absolutely love this guitar, great tone with my Marshall. My last good guitar is a Mex Strat with a maple neck, dont think i like this as much as my Gibsons but i do enjoy playing it. Got it really cheap and it makes a great back-up for gigs.

On the words of Ibanez, i've never been a huge fan of the electrics. I played the new Steve Vai signature acoustic the other day and instantly fell in love with. Glorious acoustic.

Or get a good guitar:

GibsonSGSpecialFaded1.jpg

IbanezAR250.jpg

The Jagmaster isn't My only guitar, I have a MIM and MIA Fender as well but since this was a thread about Squier guitars I didn't include pics of those:up:

I understand that Squier guitars are budget models and I didn't come on here saying that it's better than high end guitars, I just happen to own a Squier and really like it.

Here's My Fender Cyclone II

100_3130.jpg

100_3126.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3127.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada
So the big guns are coming out, eh?

LP.JPG

I'll see your Standard (? I assume) and raise you a 1954 Historic Reissue Limited Edition Flametop model signed behind the headstock by Les Paul himself. ;)

IMG_1759.jpg

As for Strats, the simple fact is that the "in between" tones of a 3 pickup strat are completely different to the "in between" tone of a 2 pickup guitar ie tele. Ideally though, you should have both!

IMG_1759.jpg

As for Strats, the simple fact is that the "in between" tones of a 3 pickup strat are completely different to the "in between" tone of a 2 pickup guitar ie tele. Ideally though, you should have both!

Bah, that looks like Hasbro made the pickups ;)

I know why there's a different tone etc i just think that "in between" tone on 3 single coils is shit :)

The thing about Stratocasters is that, whilst they are a dream to play, they sort of "bleed tone." What I mean is that Strats lack its own individual sound unlike other Fenders like Telecasters, Jaguars, Jazzmasters etc... I wouldn't say that this is a bad thing, and it is probably why so many people like them (I Love mine), Stratocasters are sort of like a blank canvas where you can easily create yr own tone.

Now, does that make any sense to anyone?