aberdeen-music

Armed Assault - Operation Flashpoint Sequel Released Feb 16

Chris

I grabbed the demo, installed it and then realised it was multiplayer only which didn't really interest me. So I installed Operation Flashpoint again instead and now plan to spend the next couple of weeks playing through that in preperation for the new one.

Is that the one based in Russia, where you get dropped off near an airbase at the start?

No it's based on the fictitious island of Everon which gets invaded by a rogue Russian general in 1985. You then play the part of a soldier, special ops guy, tank commander and pilot who are part of the NATO forces fighting to win the island back.

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No it's based on the fictitious island of Everon

As opposed to the fictitious Island of EVERTON, where a brutal administration has forever locked the island in mid-table purgatory and your job is to assassinate a series of pish managers.

Getting back to my original question, the game I was thinking of was "Project IGI". The name of which, you will agree, bears no resemblance to "Operation Flashpoint" whatsoever.

Note To Self : Get a grip, min

• 2 weeks later...

By remarkable coincidence, I started playing the original just this week, before discovering this sequel was out today. Joy :up:

I grabbed the demo, installed it and then realised it was multiplayer only which didn't really interest me.

What I did was create a co-op online game, but with just AI team-mates and, well, while not online. It let me test out how well the game would run.