aberdeen-music

Things you'd never hear a football commentator say

GOFONES

This popped up on another message board and it's probably the best thread I've ever come across.

'He passes one, he passes two, he passes three AND THAT'S A MAGNIFICANT GOAL BY KIRK BROADFOOT!'

'And the atmosphere is electric inside Rugby Park this afternoon!'

'And Hibs have won the Tennent's Scottish Cup!'

'Group D:

number 14 - Bayern Munich

number 1 - Real Madrid

number 9 - Dynamo Kiev

number 26 - Heart of Midlothian'

'And Mike McCurry shows Barry Ferguson the red card!'

'And it's a proud day for Darren Mackie, making his debut appearance for league leaders Chelsea'

The possibilities are endless. You could spend an entire day in the pub coming up with these.

"delboy majestically skipped past three real madrid defenders before smacking the ball and bursting the net. cambridge united 4 real madrid 0 in the champions league final and thats man of the match delboy's hat-trick'

Only giving yourself 3? Pfft. Thing is, my mum is actually from Zimbabwe - what do you think the footballing standards are over there? I fancy my chances of getting a game.

Only giving yourself 3? Pfft. Thing is, my mum is actually from Zimbabwe - what do you think the footballing standards are over there? I fancy my chances of getting a game.

i was just being modest :up:

is there a league in zimbabwe? if so i'd fancy my chances of getting a game there!

i was just being modest :up:

is there a league in zimbabwe? if so i'd fancy my chances of getting a game there!

Im thinking more of the national team. Im scared they are one of those teams that are run by a dictator and get tortured ect. Thats whats holding me back obviously, not my undoubtedly non-existant footballing talent.