aberdeen-music

Jetplane Lading + The Gloria Flaw + Turning13, Kef, 3rd May

KevinTGF

I think I shall be coming tonight alone. My friend and I bought tickets yesterday, but we were jsut playing football in the rain and he has dislocated (or broken) his wrist. Bugger!!!!

What's more, he is also the guitarist in our band, and we have practice 2moro, a fucking ace gig lined up for Friday (Gonga, etc) and another gig on the 15th. Double Bugger!!!!!!!!!

I hate going to gigs alone... you really do need company, or you end up standing around feeling awkward the whole time.

So if you see a guy with big hair and... probably a tweed jacket, standing around looking sorry for himself..... have a heart. Feel sorry for him too. :(

Originally posted by less_than_stu:

What? I'm sorry, I don't understand... :|

Ahh, I was basically talking to people the entire time upstairs and not really watching the bands, which is something that "scenesters" do apparently ;) Just read a few arguments on here about gig attendance, that'll teach you all you need to know :)

I really liked Small Enclosed Area, but the others were a bit too...i don't know, watery? And Jetplane did nothing at all for me, to be brutally honest.

Guest sludge

twas indeed a great gig. mighty impressed with the gloria flaw. hopefully we will get a chance to play with them sometime.

was an all round good gig with a great atmosphere. all bands were on top form.

Originally posted by neil ex:

aye, i won't be at the gig, i'm working until 10 anyway but i'll nae doubt have a dance with you and ripple boy in the old thrust!

\m/

that was some Krazy dancing in the thrust man:headbang:

and WS was all over thehoneys aswell

what a stud:kiss:

T'was an ace night, I ended up pretty smashed by the end of it.

Thought Turning13 were the top band of the night, probably the best performance i've seen of them. Next tues will be ace!

Gloria Flaw and Jetplane were brilliant also, can't wait to see what new numbers TGF have coming for the next gig.

We were maybe a little disappointed with our performance, it went ok, but we always seem to have a "lava curse" where something goes wrong, or a gig is cancelled etc. This time, it was all going fine until Stu broke the bass drum skin coming up to the best part of our last song, so we had to completely improvise an ending which in my ears sounded ok, but could've sounded so much better. Stu profusely apologises to the other bands for the inconvenience.

All in all though, we did ok. I always feel really awkward on Kef's stage as well, must be something to do with the height. Gives us something to work on before T-break.

Thanks for those that turned up early to see us, hope everyone had a brilliant night, and hope to see you all again soon

Originally posted by RossP:

T'was an ace night, I ended up pretty smashed by the end of it.

Thought Turning13 were the top band of the night, probably the best performance i've seen of them. Next tues will be ace!

Gloria Flaw and Jetplane were brilliant also, can't wait to see what new numbers TGF have coming for the next gig.

We were maybe a little disappointed with our performance, it went ok, but we always seem to have a "lava curse" where something goes wrong, or a gig is cancelled etc. This time, it was all going fine until Stu broke the bass drum skin coming up to the best part of our last song, so we had to completely improvise an ending which in my ears sounded ok, but could've sounded so much better. Stu profusely apologises to the other bands for the inconvenience.

All in all though, we did ok. I always feel really awkward on Kef's stage as well, must be something to do with the height. Gives us something to work on before T-break.

Thanks for those that turned up early to see us, hope everyone had a brilliant night, and hope to see you all again soon

are you the singer??

nah, i'm the bassist.

Cheers for the words of encouragement by the way, most appreciated!

For anyone who didn't get a flyer thrust in their hand (must be very few), Small Enclosed Area are playing the Moorings bar this saturday if they want another taste

the last time i saw you guys the singer had really short hair and i went downstairs and i was like wtf?

is that a new singer but it wasnt

so last time i seen you was a while ago think it was liber8 ep launch and that night rocked

last night was cool too not sure i saw the whole of ur set tho.