aberdeen-music

Estrella On YouTube!

Estrella

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Haha, this thread is fantastic. Pish, Spinal Tap wannabes. This band is a joke. Awful style, terrible playing, anyone who praises them for being 'brave' is clearly tripping, too. Not every band has low enough self esteem to find it a challenge to stay away from pawning fad music.

well the look they go for is hardly 'flavour of the week'

That maybe so but they are ripping off just about every 80's metal band. They don't even sound that tight, the guitar playing is too rigid and the whole song just drags at that pace to be honest.

But, like Milner said, there is much worse bands out there.

That maybe so but they are ripping off just about every 80's metal band. They don't even sound that tight, the guitar playing is too rigid and the whole song just drags at that pace to be honest.

But, like Milner said, there is much worse bands out there.

Not being a dick but I would guess you dont know THAT much about 80's metal. They're not ripping off every 80's metal band at all. They are heavily influenced by 70's and 80's hard rock.

I don't like that Estrella never follow these posts up.

If I'd requested feedback, I'd have at least thanked people for compliments, and I'd definately inquire further as to why some people thought I was straight up shit in an effort to improve. Just good manners in the first instance though.

Fair point, but the criticism has hardly been constructive has it?

If I'd requested feedback, I'd have at least thanked people for compliments, and I'd definately inquire further as to why some people thought I was straight up shit in an effort to improve. Just good manners in the first instance though.

I doubt they're even posted by the band, hence the impersonal feel of the posts.

Guest inc18457

that's very true, if they had asked for feedback, they might want to follow it up.

but they didn't ask for feedback. they simply posted a link to the video and said 'feel free to leave any comments'.

so eat a dick.

(that band you've been listening to is called simply 'gallows' by the way, not 'the gallows')

so eat a dick.

(that band you've been listening to is called simply 'gallows' by the way, not 'the gallows')

I'm good thanks. Why are people getting so fucking ratty about negative views on Estrella?! Let them defend themselves if they want to.

(and yeah, I'm aware. It's just the name iTunes christened it. Nobody gives a shit.)

I don't understand why the video of this band has outraged people to this extent.

Just becuase you have the option of giving any feedback you wish, doesn't mean you should post utter drivel in the name of freedom of speech.

Everyone is entitled to form and express their opinion but you should also bare in mind that you would probably want people to offer a certain degree of self restraint in how they give feedback to your own music.

I don't understand why the video of this band has outraged people to this extent.

It's hardly outrage, more just a fact that they're just another average band pretending to be big shots. Combined with the fact that they make a big fuss out of the smallest of things (video on youtube? wow...not impressed), it just makes them easy targets to ridicule.

It's hardly outrage, more just a fact that they're just another average band pretending to be big shots. Combined with the fact that they make a big fuss out of the smallest of things (video on youtube? wow...not impressed), it just makes them easy targets to ridicule.

It isn't unusual for (local) bands to think they are much more important than they actually are. I am however unaware of the guys from Estrella doing/thinking this.

Just because the feedback's harsh doesn't make it pointless.

Of course but in this case I think the harsh feedback was poinltess.

The band were quite tight, there isn't 100 bands in Aberdeen doing the same thing as them. Surely it would be better to accept that it isn't to everyone's personal taste rather than resulting to name-calling and such?

It's hardly outrage, more just a fact that they're just another average band pretending to be big shots. Combined with the fact that they make a big fuss out of the smallest of things (video on youtube? wow...not impressed

Eh?

Estrella On Youtube !

Estrella have uploaded a video on youtube from a gig in The Arches' date=' Glasgow. Check it out and feel free to leave any comments.

[/quote']

Yeah, they really talked that up! What arseholes, I can't believe how big that guys ego must be to make a post like that.

Quit talking shite for one day Cloud.

Yeah, they really talked that up! What arseholes, I can't believe how big that guys ego must be to make a post like that.

Quit talking shite for one day Cloud.

You beat me too it man. Just because it's not the hugest news in the world it's still news and they are using this site to tell the fans, (which this site is primarily for).

You know, I've yet to experience the live spectacle that is Estrella with their inimitable brand of stadium rock/pub rock/cock rock [delete according to personal opinion.] However, they seem to be unique in being the only band on this messageboard to consistently get people talking, and for that I doff my metaphorical cap to them.

After a prolonged absence from aberdeen-music.com, I returned to this website expecting things to be just as I had left them. And in many respects they were, only now it appears to be impossible to get any sort of debate going without the thread being locked/edited/moved to an obscure forum where no one will read it.

The only reason why everyone has an opinion on Estrella is because sadly it's the only chance they get these days to vent some steam on this forum. Estrella don't peddle pub rock; they peddle cathartic rock. Don't you find you always feel better after adding your ten cents to an Estrella themed thread? It's almost as good as having a wank.