aberdeen-music

Estrella On YouTube!

Estrella

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me laugh is that they obviously don't learn their lesson when it comes to posting things like this..

What lesson is that then?

All they're doing is putting a video online for people to watch. There's probably a few users of this site who like them so I imagine they're posting the link for them to see, not for you.

It's not brave pretending to be an 80s hair band when Aerosmith are still releasing and selling Greatest Hits cds.

The guitars are muddy, the drum sound is flabby, the playing is downright boring and the vocalist is pub band standard at best. It wouldn't matter if they were playing this naff bollocks or Girls Aloud covers. Pish.

It's not brave pretending to be an 80s hair band when Aerosmith are still releasing and selling Greatest Hits cds.

The guitars are muddy, the drum sound is flabby, the playing is downright boring and the vocalist is pub band standard at best. It wouldn't matter if they were playing this naff bollocks or Girls Aloud covers. Pish.

Well..as you have Bright Eyes in your recently played tracks ill chalk your opinion down as "Invalid."

That guy, Oberst, cant sing at all so i'd the singer of Estrella over him anyday. At least you realise it's pretentious wank! :)

Yeah, but I'm sure the singer of Estrella would be quite good at singing some angry down-tempo country acoustic (maybe even having a drunken rant at the diseaced John Peel too?), but if Conor Oberst borrowed his sisters hairspray and started throwing shapes in a substandard pap faux-80s band, I'd be blubbing in my soup along with everyone else.

Estrella vs Bright Eyes... nice thread X)

What lesson is that then?

All they're doing is putting a video online for people to watch. There's probably a few users of this site who like them so I imagine they're posting the link for them to see, not for you.

Well, let's see. If this site is as important as it would like to be, then it's bound to be read by anyone looking for Estrella on the internet. Every topic recently posted by them has had loads of slagging of them, so you know, might not be the wisest idea to keep posting emotionless "press releases" on here.

But I just realised that I hadn't commented, soo...

Nothing wrong with the music, it does fit the style perfectly. But...what the hell is with the guy's voice? it's fucking terrible...

wow you know that much about a bands sound from watching a crappy video, can you teach me that trick?

A question, how many famous bands have exceptional singers? Also how many famous bands have awful singers? I cant seem to find out where it said you had to be better than "pub" standard to make it in a band.

Well, let's see. If this site is as important as it would like to be, then it's bound to be read by anyone looking for Estrella on the internet. Every topic recently posted by them has had loads of slagging of them, so you know, might not be the wisest idea to keep posting emotionless "press releases" on here.

But I just realised that I hadn't commented, soo...

Nothing wrong with the music, it does fit the style perfectly. But...what the hell is with the guy's voice? it's fucking terrible...

pish flaps almost every stayover thread had heaps of slagging us of, never stopped us as much as people would have liked. From expiereince the more people make fun on here the more people are interested.

I cant seem to find out where it said you had to be better than "pub" standard to make it in a band.

Surely the notion that you have 'made it' already means you are better than 'pub standard' because if you have 'made it' then surely you aren't playing in pubs, unless you have really low standards of what 'making it' is.