aberdeen-music

RFR Promotions in trouble?

Cloud

RFR Promotions in (further) trouble?

Namely,

Gazette

Notice is hereby given that on 13 December 2006 a Petition was presented to the Sheriff at Aberdeen by The Advocate General for Scotland as representing Her Majestys Revenue & Customs, craving the Court, inter alia that RFR Promotions Limited, having their Registered Office at 34 Albyn Place, Aberdeen AB10 1FW, be wound up by the Court and that an Interim Liquidator be appointed; in which Petition the Sheriff at Aberdeen by Interlocutor dated 13 December 2006 appointed all persons having an interest to lodge Answers in the hands of the Sheriff Clerk, Castle Street, Aberdeen AB10 1WP, within eight days after intimation, advertisement or service; all of which notice is hereby given.

They're also listed at Companies House as being proposed to be struck off.

Anyone know what's going on?

Sorry, im not functioning right! too much coffee, can someone explain the above in english for the likes of moi! :help:

edit: also does this affect the upcoming 36 crazyfists gig? please say it doesnt! :(

Tax man shutting the company down... Boooo hiss!

Which would suggest that they will have to stop (have stopped) trading!

You can't fuck with the tax man, for too long anyways...

This is a damn shame.

News of our demise is sadly exagerated.

Watch this space, lots of interesting things happening.

Very glad to hear that.

I was going to say, does RFR not effectively run Moshulu and The Bassment as well? In as much as they (did?) lease the place.

Very glad to hear that.

I was going to say, does RFR not effectively run Moshulu and The Bassment as well? In as much as they (did?) lease the place.

That's why I originally posted, I hadn't heard anything about The Bassment/Moshulu being closed and wondered what was going on after reading the notice in the Gazette. Nothing else came up when doing a quick trawl of the internet (except a notice on Companies House about the proposal to strike the company off the register, which just led back to the Gazette notice)

Interesting times ahead, then. It'd be nice to know what's going on, but we'll find out in due course, no doubt.

That's why I originally posted, I hadn't heard anything about The Bassment/Moshulu being closed and wondered what was going on after reading the notice in the Gazette. Nothing else came up when doing a quick trawl of the internet (except a notice on Companies House about the proposal to strike the company off the register, which just led back to the Gazette notice)

Interesting times ahead, then. It'd be nice to know what's going on, but we'll find out in due course, no doubt.

These kind of things are fairly common I believe, and are not always what they seem to nosey google-fiends who are quite rightly not privy to all the information. No point in speculating, if any important changes are happening, it's up to them to announce them if they want.

Yeah but he did put a question mark, stating that this is more curiousity than speculation.

It is just curiosity, if it was speculation, I would've posted "RFR IN TROUBLE WITH TAXMAN". Considering the Gazette is so far behind, it might not be the cleverest move considering that they may have sorted the problems with HMRC out.

I dont know. If I my business was being threatened with being struck off, I would be bricking it. Tax men are unstoppable, relentless machines who will go through your fridge if necessary (seriously). Anyway, hope its not as bad as it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Administrators have been called in -

Gazette - Search Results View

Publication Date: Friday, 2 February 2007

Notice Code: 2410

Appointment of Administrators

Pursuant to paragraph 46(2)(b) of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986

and Rule 2.19 of the Insolvency (Scotland) Rules 1986

Company Number: SC254982.

Name of Company: RFR PROMOTIONS LIMITED.

Nature of Business: Licensed Premises.

Trade Classification: 48–Licensed Premises.

Appointment of Administrator made on: 30 January 2007.

By notice of Appointment lodged in: Aberdeen Sheriff Court.

Names and Address of Administrators: Blair Carnegie Nimmo (IP No 8208) and Neil Anthony Armour (IP No 8313), KPMG LLP, 37 Albyn Place, Aberdeen AB10 1JB.

(2410/234)

Fans of Airdrie may remeber Blair Nimmo as the man who pulled the plug on them a few years ago now.

Edit : Anyone interested in what this means should check out About Us - Guidance for more answers.

Companies House also confirms that RFR Promotions are in administration.