aberdeen-music

Band Members needed for Indie Band

headradio

Hi. I am trying to get a band back up and running. So far I have me (guitarist, songwriter) and a singer! I already have severeal songs written, and I am looking for members who are creative and competent.

I hope to create a five/6 piece, so I need a good drummer (preferably with previous band experience), a bass player and a keyboardist. Maybe another guiatarist too.

The bands which im influenced by are: Arcade Fire, Weezer, The Strokes, The Smiths, We are Scientists, Modest Mouse, The Libertines, Editors, Belle and Sebastian, Pixies, The Cure, Longwave, Elbow, Supergrass, Death Cab for Cutie, Radiohead, Trail of Dead, Arctic Monkeys, Be Your Own Pet, Biffy Clyro, Interpol, Blondie, Cooper Temple Clause..... amongst others.

I am a big fan of driving, Cure-esque bass lines, so I really need a solid rhythm section, maybe even some processed beats..... If your a fan of some of the bands I mentioned you'll fit in well

I dont care if your male or female, but Im 22, so be good if the other members were around the same age, i.e. 18-28. Interested, then PM me :D

Aright,

Am Angus, 18yrs old, been playing drums for about 6 yrs now. Just bored of solos. Not much gigging experience apart from small school bands. Mostly heavy rock stuff, but for the last few years been really interested in sort of alternative Indie styles, influences include: StoneRoses, Ocean Colour Scene, Richard Ashcroft, Radiohead, The Cure , The Jesus & Mary Chain, Manic Street Preachers, Pixies, Seahorses, Super grass & The Charlatans. Also enjoy playing many genres; Jazz, Funk & Prog Rock etc. Wouldnt mind having an addition , like the sound of things, hope I meet ur standards, been told Im pretty good but cant really comment on that (too modest) Ha! Very interested in creating contemporary music & experiment with any genres - Bla bla bla. Seriously tho at least would like a wee jam.