aberdeen-music

What happened to the...

koolsville

Oh dear, that's a step backwards in usability.

There's two major problems imo.

1) There's no overall view of what's on, forcing me to scroll past a lot of text to get to the information that I want.If I want all that extra info can I not just click somewhere instead of having to scroll past the majority.

2)Opening the artists websites in that tiny little window is annoying. Not only that, but I'm sure whoever took the time and trouble to design the websites didn't expect people to see it a third of the size surrounded by white.

yes...

Oh dear, that's a step backwards in usability.

There's two major problems imo.

1) There's no overall view of what's on, forcing me to scroll past a lot of text to get to the information that I want.If I want all that extra info can I not just click somewhere instead of having to scroll past the majority.

QUOTE]

Guest Neutral

If anyone wants to have a go at designing a new website i'll offer free hosting so that you can test and get feedback

I wouldnt do this for most other places bt since i liked working there ill make an exception

is this the Kartta interview?

there's meant to be an interview with kartta on the lemon tree website somewhere but i'll be damned if i can find it.

This may be what you're looking for Dave? Scroll down past the "Vacancy Box Office Assistant" bit on the home page, and right at the bottom you'll find "To download Steven Milne's complete article from The Lemon Tree magazine click here"

Obvious once you know, eh ? So yes, can someone please, please, redo the whole site, it's abysmal!

In support of other folks' comments it would be useful, nay essential, to have a calendar to see what's on rather than having to pick a category and then scroll down that annoying wee window... If the LT still sent out the programmes for free I wouldn't mind so much, but it certainly doesn't encourage you to find out what's on. I'll stick to the ab-music "gigs and events" thank you very much.

And while I'm in a ranting mood, being a true Aberdonian I'll be darned if I'm going to pay a 1.50 booking fee per ticket to buy online when I can phone the box office and pick up tickets on the night.

• 3 weeks later...

The Web Site Is Unusable

How about a simple whats on guide without having to trawl through a lot of stuff - the site is shockingly unusable - nae as stinky, but just as frustrating as the brochure - they used to have the page number in the quick glance section so you could quickly find the write ups and photos of bands, grrr, it really is shockingly band, I feel like marching around with a banner saying BRING BACK PUNTER FRIENDLY ADVERTISING NOW or SQUASH THE STENCH - I'm sure the old brochures were printed on far more environmentally paper, which did not use stinky ink or wipe free glossy surfaces, and the quick guide was not hidden in the middle. I ought to get out more, all this moaning is doing no one any good.

We read all about the Lemon Tree being financially up the creek so it's a bit strange that the brochure is seemingly not being sent out anymore -mind you it was always late anyway, ho hum, I'm of down the Moorings , their toilets are rank, but their brochure more than adequate.