aberdeen-music

Black Matter update

black_matter

Hey there folks.

The new Black Matter Album "hollow glow" is officially available from band members at gigs or E-mail at Black_matter@hotmail.co.uk if you just can't wait for a copy and i'll get some details and see what I can do!

Also, just to let folks know that the saturday night fudge gig at drummonds properly rocked! Drummonds has such a laid back feel and a really great sound. I love it! We sold a nice handful of cd's and hopefully got our name out so all's good.

But out with the past and in with the new! We have a gig at the tunnels next friday as part of the red stripe music awards with Lady Mercedes and a few more i can't remember but it should be a proper banging gig. Everyone get down to there for a night of banter and good tunes!

Peace and take care

austin

x

Also, just to let folks know that the saturday night fudge gig at drummonds properly rocked! Drummonds has such a laid back feel and a really great sound. I love it! We sold a nice handful of cd's and hopefully got our name out so all's good.

'Laid back' indeed! Your singer looked like he could barely be arsed, which was a pity because there were some good musical ideas in there and the kid with the afro rocked out grand style. But that singer man, I think I said at the time that his apathy was infectious, standing with your arms folded or hands in your pockets does not an electrifying show make. Also, and this just might be me, but it did look like your mums dressed you before you went onstage.

However, that all sounds pretty harsh, like I say, musically there were some good moments and the definite showing of future promise, but presentation is important. :up:

'Laid back' indeed! Your singer looked like he could barely be arsed, which was a pity because there were some good musical ideas in there and the kid with the afro rocked out grand style. But that singer man, I think I said at the time that his apathy was infectious, standing with your arms folded or hands in your pockets does not an electrifying show make. Also, and this just might be me, but it did look like your mums dressed you before you went onstage.

However, that all sounds pretty harsh, like I say, musically there were some good moments and the definite showing of future promise, but presentation is important. :up:

1. I'm the dude with the afro! pleased to meet you
  2. the singer had just been attacked by a hobo/junkie before the gig. I tried to get him to perk up but he was being a moody cunt.
  3. Thanks for the advice all well taken!

Actually you raise a good point there, ill give the singer a good talking to and get him sorted. At our first aberdeen gig with him at the tunnels he was fine but understand the circumstances i may give him some benefit of the doubt :up:

no he wasn't! to be honest austin I though the same of the singer at that tunnels gig (if it's the one i'm thinking of when you played with us?) - give him a talking too because if he showed some effort it would have been much more enjoyable to watch!

no he wasn't! to be honest austin I though the same of the singer at that tunnels gig (if it's the one i'm thinking of when you played with us?) - give him a talking too because if he showed some effort it would have been much more enjoyable to watch!

yup he was the one at the tunnels gig also. A bit of showmanship wouldn't go a miss but that's why y'all gotta get out and see us again for a nice surprise! :laughing:

i'll admit i havent heard him live yet, but i seen a video today and decided that i prefer your voice austin.

From the video i thought it took away from the grunge vibe i liked, and went, well like a typical metal band. No offence to any metal bands btw, i do like metal also. .

but take what ive said with a pinch of salt, i won't have a full blown opinion on him untill i catch you's live.

Is it this saturday you're playing somewhere? Justin mentioned it, but i wasn't paying attention 8-)

I'm not 100 percent sure on the cost, shouldn't be too bad, although I do know lady mercedes are playing also, for the red stripe awards.

*cue clouds whinging* :laughing:

Why I oughta kill you....haha :p

As long as you take it for what it is, and as long as you mock Lady mercedes for being absolutely crap, then you'll be fine ;)